Question PC not posting because of CPU

peti90001

Prominent
Mar 6, 2021
Motherboard is showing a red light.
I read the manual, it means CPU problem. What happened was: I was gaming, got up to grab water, and when I came back my mouse and keyboard were not working. Strange… So I just restarted my PC, but it wouldn’t post. I tried unplugging everything from my MOBO, removing my RAMs, reseating the CPU, disconnecting and reconnecting the CPU cables but nothing seems to work
Specs: CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING x570-PLUS GPU: NVidia Geforce 1060 6GB G1 Gaming RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz PSU: Corsair TX750M

"Wouldn't POST"

So does it power on and attempt to POST and simply fails, resulting in an error message, or does it not attempt to POST at all but lights and fans are working, or is nothing doing anything other than the red error light?

How old is that TX power supply?

Is there ANYTHING on the screen at all, or nothing displayed whatsoever?

peti90001

Prominent
Mar 6, 2021
"Wouldn't POST"

So does it power on and attempt to POST and simply fails, resulting in an error message, or does it not attempt to POST at all but lights and fans are working, or is nothing doing anything other than the red error light?

How old is that TX power supply?

Is there ANYTHING on the screen at all, or nothing displayed whatsoever?
It tries to post, fans start working, MOBO lights up, but that is as far as it gets. No signal on my monitors at all. The PSU is 4 days old, I bought it with the CPU, MOBO and RAM

Pic of the inside: (GPU removed atm) https://imgur.io/3DVWcMQ

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Motherboard is showing a red light.
I read the manual, it means CPU problem. What happened was: I was gaming, got up to grab water, and when I came back my mouse and keyboard were not working. Strange… So I just restarted my PC, but it wouldn’t post. I tried unplugging everything from my MOBO, removing my RAMs, reseating the CPU, disconnecting and reconnecting the CPU cables but nothing seems to work
Specs: CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING x570-PLUS GPU: NVidia Geforce 1060 6GB G1 Gaming RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz PSU: Corsair TX750M
Red LED doesn't tell all. Very seldom does a CPU die. Motherboards are #1 for a few reasons. Like somebody mentioned, check out your power supply.

Nope, all of them brand new. GPU is quite old tho, bought it in 2017. Why did you ask?
So, given the age of the graphics card it's definitely the MOST likely culprit. I'd say your best option right now is to try the card in another system or try another graphics card in this one. Hard to even try to identify what the problem might be if you don't have any display and you need to eliminate the graphics card from the equation in that regard before you can really move on.

peti90001

Prominent
Mar 6, 2021
So, given the age of the graphics card it's definitely the MOST likely culprit. I'd say your best option right now is to try the card in another system or try another graphics card in this one. Hard to even try to identify what the problem might be if you don't have any display and you need to eliminate the graphics card from the equation in that regard before you can really move on.
I tried running my PC without the GPU, plugging the HDMI in the motherboard but the PC doesn’t get past the point of starting the fans. After that nothing happens. Definitely not a problem with my GPU

peti90001

Prominent
Mar 6, 2021
If you have a buddy with a similar setup try your PS in their machine. I keep spare everything around. A Thermaltake $25.00 500w 80 plus is good for test purposes if nothing else. A 500w PS should be fine for your rig.
I don’t have any spare parts. But how would it die after 4 days of use? Really odd

ALL systems that don't have a CPU with integrated graphics will fail to do anything much with no graphics card installed so the fact that it does this when you remove it is NOT telling you that nothing is wrong with the graphics card. There are fifty different ways a graphics card could go bad and most of them don't require that there be a complete failure of the car, any sub-component failure on the card could cause problems or a failure to display or a failure of the system to recognize the card or even a failure to power on.

Without testing that graphics card in another system to verify that it either does or does not work outside the current system, it's virtually impossible to make any kind of determination that it's something other than the card.

If you have no friends with a system you could try to use for testing, and no secondary system of your own, your only other option really is to take the card to a PC repair shop and have them test the card. I mean, you can bench test everything else but without a display it's probably not going to tell you much with no display.

peti90001

Prominent
Mar 6, 2021
ALL systems that don't have a CPU with integrated graphics will fail to do anything much with no graphics card installed so the fact that it does this when you remove it is NOT telling you that nothing is wrong with the graphics card. There are fifty different ways a graphics card could go bad and most of them don't require that there be a complete failure of the car, any sub-component failure on the card could cause problems or a failure to display or a failure of the system to recognize the card or even a failure to power on.

Without testing that graphics card in another system to verify that it either does or does not work outside the current system, it's virtually impossible to make any kind of determination that it's something other than the card.

If you have no friends with a system you could try to use for testing, and no secondary system of your own, your only other option really is to take the card to a PC repair shop and have them test the card. I mean, you can bench test everything else but without a display it's probably not going to tell you much with no display.

I told you, the motherboard would show a white light if it would be the GPU or any VGA problem. Whenever I turn my PC on, the fans start to work, my RGB mousepad lights up but my mouse and keyboard don’t. I tried all the USB ports and the results are the same each time

Ok, well since you seem to believe you know more than I do about these kinds of problems I'm sure you'll have no trouble figuring it out. Good luck.

And just FYI, those lights don't mean Jack. They are rarely indicative of what the actual problem is. They are simply there to tell you which part of the POST process the system stopped at and in this case a lack of a functional graphics card can absolutely make the CPU be the part of POST where it cannot pass it's checks and stops the process. CPU light can come on for problems with memory, motherboard, graphics card, drives, anything, and visa versa. Sure, they are sometimes helpful in narrowing down the most likely sub-system, but more often they are really not.

Being resistant to the proven methods that solve these kinds of problems, and it hurts nothing just to verify that the card is working before wasting your time looking at other areas where you have zero idea what might be wrong, doesn't help you get your problem solved. But you are of course free to do it your way.

peti90001

Prominent
Mar 6, 2021
Ok, well since you seem to believe you know more than I do about these kinds of problems I'm sure you'll have no trouble figuring it out. Good luck.

And just FYI, those lights don't mean Jack. They are rarely indicative of what the actual problem is. They are simply there to tell you which part of the POST process the system stopped at and in this case a lack of a functional graphics card can absolutely make the CPU be the part of POST where it cannot pass it's checks and stops the process. CPU light can come on for problems with memory, motherboard, graphics card, drives, anything, and visa versa. Sure, they are sometimes helpful in narrowing down the most likely sub-system, but more often they are really not.

Being resistant to the proven methods that solve these kinds of problems, and it hurts nothing just to verify that the card is working before wasting your time looking at other areas where you have zero idea what might be wrong, doesn't help you get your problem solved. But you are of course free to do it your way.
So shouldn’t my PC post with the integrated GPU on my MOBO?

You don't HAVE an integrated GPU. ONLY CPU models ending with "G" from every current and past generation of Ryzen, have graphics. The next generation is supposed to ALL have graphics, but right now only models like the 5600G and 5700G have graphics. Yours does not. Without a functional graphics card your system can never work except with a CPU that has integrated graphics.

So shouldn’t my PC post with the integrated GPU on my MOBO?

This one?

No GPU in that.

peti90001

Prominent
Mar 6, 2021
I will take it to the repair shop, not much I can do. MOBO, PCU, PSU and RAMs came this friday so at least I have a warranty if any of them end up being faulty

Fair enough, it's all you can do if you don't have another system to test with. If they're good, they'll know pretty quickly what's wrong just by swapping out a few known good components and hopefully not charge too much for the diagnostics.

Reactions: peti90001

peti90001

Prominent
Mar 6, 2021
Fair enough, it's all you can do if you don't have another system to test with. If they're good, they'll know pretty quickly what's wrong just by swapping out a few known good components and hopefully not charge too much for the diagnostics.
I’ll update the post once I know something. Thank you for everyone who tried to help :)