Question PC not powering up at all

Sep 9, 2024
Help I just cleaned my PC, but after re-assembling it, the entire system is not turning on (not a single fan spinning)

My PSU is definitely turned on and plugged into an outlet, front panel connectors properly connected (especially the power switch) and plugged in to the right slots, ATX 24 and CPU cable properly connected and plugged in to the right slots, GPU/CPU properly connected, ram sticks properly connected (dimm a2, and dimm b2) and motherboard is properly attached to my case like all the standoffs were aligned.

This is just great, I even have schoolwork to do in the future as well..

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
First would make sure that none of the pins in the connectors pushed out to the cable side. Might consider an inexpensive tester for the power supply as a check.

If your area is prone to static discharge, did you use a bracelet?

Sep 9, 2024
First would make sure that none of the pins in the connectors pushed out to the cable side. Might consider an inexpensive tester for the power supply as a check.

As for the area I was cleaning and re-assembling my PC, I was outside my house, and the table I'm working on was plastic, and I had an electric fan with me outside is those 2 matters.

I also grab on to multiple metal objects every 30 minutes to discharge electricity from my body.

For my power supply, if you're implying that my PSU is dead, then that's weird atleast for me. Because the day before I decided to clean my PC, my PSU wasn't showing any signs of it dying prior to cleaning such as my computer suddenly shutting down, BSOD, burning smell, noises coming from the PSU itself while I was still able to use my computer. But I'll try the tester, if we have one.

About the "pins in the connectors", what did you mean by this? If you meant motherboard pins, then I can't really tell since there's so many of them. But if you meant the pins for plugging the essential cables from the PSU cables to my motherboard, then no, none of them ended up being bent.

Sep 9, 2024

My bad, I also forgot to add that (if these matters at all) I was using other devices, apart from my electric Air duster, like my smartphone, a flashlight, and I was constantly using a phone charger because my electric Air duster keeps getting to 0% battery while I was working on my PC.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The pins in the connectors for things like 24 pin, CPU power push into the connector and snap in place. It is not unheard of for those to push back (wire side) and actually not make the connection. It isn't often but an easy way to miss a simple issue to fix.