[SOLVED] PC not starting windows, possibly CPU?

Dec 18, 2018
I've recently accuired Intel core 2 quad Q9400 CPU and installed it, but when I try to start my PC it either restart or stop responding before loading windows. It appears that even restart button don't do anything. My motherboard is Intel DQ35JO and I've got newest version of BIOS installed.
Is there anything i might try to do or is my CPU broken and its not possile to fix it?

The other CPU works just fine

If you can get to BIOS, then the CPU is passing the POST (Power On Self Test), which means that there is nothing majorly wrong with the CPU. The fact that Windows will not load could be a software issue or a hardware issue.

Potential software issues - Incorrect drivers, corruption. Do you have any original Windows disks? Can you boot from one of them?
Potential hardware issues - overheating, incompatibility. Is the heatsink on tight, fan spinning, etc. Per Intel, that chips should work in that board.

Dec 18, 2018
I can get to BIOS
I've got 20 GB IDE HDD with windows XP and it runs properly, but 240 GB SATA III SSD (working as SATA II) with clean win10 installation do not. The second HDD I have is 300 GB SATA II with win10 I used before changing CPU and it does not work as well. According to Intel's PDF file I've found out that Q9400 is compatible with my motherboard. Heatsink is tightly installed and fan is spinning.
Could you tell me more about drivers and corruption that You've mentioned?

Your 240GB drive with a clean install of Windows 10 ... was that installed on this computer or another? If it was installed on another, then that install has the proper drivers for the other computer, but not this one. Windows crashing during startup is very common in that situation.

For your 300GB drive. You potentially have the same issue. The drivers and config for that copy of Windows is for a different CPU. Normally, going from like an i3 to i5 is not different enough that Windows needs to be reinstalled ... but if you went from a Xeon to Core 2, then it is very likely you will need to do a repair reinstall (windows gets reinstalled, but your files are left intact) at a minimum.

Dec 18, 2018
Every windows (both 10 and xp) have been installed on drives using this PC and core 2 duo E6850 CPU (the one before upgrade). Auto windows repair also results in restart. However as I remember, when i tryed to install win10 from USB it also didn't work as PC had a restart every time I tried to do that.