Question PC Not Turning On (No Power)

Shad2466

Honorable
Jan 19, 2015
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H (rev. 1.0)
RAM: 8GB 2666mhz
CPU: Rhyzen 5 3400G
GPU: ASUS RX 570 4GB
PSU: EVGA 600watt Bronze

This problem started happening more persistent after i installed the GPU, 3 months after being built before installing the gpu it would operate normal day before then the next day it would not power on at all until i wait like 30mins - 2hours but it stopped happening. After i installed the GPU it boots normal then the next day it would not boot no power at all waited 2hrs it turned on, it kept doing that for about 4 days straight.

One day i took out the GPU tried to boot it booted normal with power, then i put the GPU back in it booted normal next day same thing no power.

One day it had no power for a few hours, i took the hdmi out the GPU i tried to turn it on it booted with power next day same thing.

One day it would not come on for 2 days, i took out the GPU left it plugged in for a 1hr 30mins it came on by itself no signal until i restarted it with the GPU back in woke up next day same thing.

Last night the pc froze, hit the reset button got no signal turned it off would not power back on.

Key Notes
:
Everytime i waited for it to power on i always did the hold the power button for 30secs to drain the power.

Only one day it came right on with power after operating normal the day before.

I had a screw in sideways for the motherboard standoffs i had to fix.

I tested a dead GPU in one of the PCI slots before in this motherboard, could that cause the short?

Radiux_sv

Commendable
Aug 18, 2020
Basic tests:
-Have you tried only using Ryzen integrated video for a few days to discard any problem with the motherboard or the video card?
-Do you have another video card to test system stability?
-Have you checked voltages in Bios to see if all of them are Ok (12v, 5v, 3.3v)?
-Have you checked system temperatures in Bios?

If I understand correctly, this problem started BEFORE installing the video card? if thats the case, then the problem could be a power supply that is about to fail, or a motherboard with some kind of short circuit or electric problem.

9 times out of ten, if a system refuses to power on is because of:
-Bad Psu
-Short circuit
-Loose hardware (like ram or even a video card)
-Cpu Overheating

Shad2466

Honorable
Jan 19, 2015
Basic tests:
-Have you tried only using Ryzen integrated video for a few days to discard any problem with the motherboard or the video card?
-Do you have another video card to test system stability?
-Have you checked voltages in Bios to see if all of them are Ok (12v, 5v, 3.3v)?
-Have you checked system temperatures in Bios?

If I understand correctly, this problem started BEFORE installing the video card? if thats the case, then the problem could be a power supply that is about to fail, or a motherboard with some kind of short circuit or electric problem.

9 times out of ten, if a system refuses to power on is because of:
-Bad Psu
-Short circuit
-Loose hardware (like ram or even a video card)
-Cpu Overheating

The PSU had +0.1 on all 3 of the voltages in biis when i checked

CPU and GPU be at 40 Degrees when idle, played

GTA V for like 3hrs max settings no issue
Loose hardware would have to check

My other two GPUs are dead.

Shad2466

Honorable
Jan 19, 2015
It came back on by itself, motherboard and case lights flickering. It had no signal had to press the power button about 4 times to actually boot and the lights stop flickering.

PSU or Motherboard?