GPU: RX 570 4gb
RAM: Ripjaws 2x8gb DDR3 RAM
Storage: Crucial 500GB SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD

i then upgraded my PC to:
Motherboard: Gigabyte h150m h rev1.7
CPU: i5 11400f
GPU: RX 570 4gb (same)
RAM: Corsair 2x8gb DDR4
Storage: Crucial 500GB SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD (same)

After I installed the new motherboard, ram and cpu, my pc began to occasionally work slower, not detect the hard drive and would cancel downloads stating "Disk Write Error". The PC would also take forever to restart and shutdown and once it had shut down, if i booted the pc up again, it would no longer detect the hard drive.
Ive updated the chipset, bios and all drivers i can think of.
When i upgraded the pc i didnt reinstall windows however after trying to fix it i reset it while keeping all of my files however it did not fix the issue

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When i upgraded the pc i didnt reinstall windows however after trying to fix it i reset it while keeping all of my files however it did not fix the issue
You will need to reinstall the OS. No other way of going around this issue, after swapping platforms. I'd also makd sure that the BIOS is updated prior to reisntalling the OS.

Reactions: akam06

akam06

Prominent
Jul 7, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to reinstall the OS. No other way of going around this issue, after swapping platforms. I'd also makd sure that the BIOS is updated prior to reisntalling the OS.
ok thankyou, is there any way i can keep my files when i reinstall, if not, can i just keep my files on the HDD and not the SSD