Just made my first build with:
Msi z490 A pro
i7 10700k
corsair vengeance 3600mhz (2x16GB)
MSI Ventus 3x 3070
corsair spec delta case
arctic cooler 11p
s12 iii 650w

When I changed my bios so that XMP was enabled as my ram was only at 2666mhz it made my windows break so, I reset my CMOS and tried several more times to no avail. all of my wires are connected properly so I'm not sure what's wrong with that. My CPU and DRAM led were going off on the motherboard but was fixed when i took one of my ram out of the fourth slot. it fixed my pc but the other RAM is just being stored away. Anyone got any solutions? Thanks in advance

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which slots are(were) the rams populating? Populate slots A2 alone or slots A2 and B2 if you want dual channel mode enabled. Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Speaking of version, what OS version are you on for Windows 10?

Lutfij

Titan

Which slots are(were) the rams populating? Populate slots A2 alone or slots A2 and B2 if you want dual channel mode enabled. Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Speaking of version, what OS version are you on for Windows 10?

Solution
Dec 5, 2020

Thank you so much. your reply reminded me that I had cleared my CMOS and reset my bios so my last update was gone. I updated my BIOS and my windows version. I also enabled XMP and it all seems to be working