RainbowSixth

Commendable
Feb 19, 2021
My PC Specs:

CPU : Ryzen 5 3600 (new)
Motherboard : MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (new)
RAM : Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 3200 (new)
GPU : Colorful GTX 1660 Super Battle Axe (new)
PSU : Seasonic S12G 550w +80 Gold (almost 2 years)
SSD : Adata 240 GB (new)
HDD : WD Blue 1TB (almost 1,5 years)
Monitor : HP 24f

The problem is my pc on (all in case and keyboard is normal except "mouse" is not working) but my monitor show "no signal". I cant even turn off my PC using turn off button on my case (hold it 10-20 second no effect, pc still on but monitor keep showing "no signal"). I have to switch off from the psu button to turn off my computer and my pc back to normal. Everything work as expected, no problem. But, maybe 1 week or 10-15 days later, the problem come back.

Even before i upgrade my gpu to 1660 super (using Zotac 750 ti before) the problem already exist btw, so i think its not gpu problem.

Solution already tried but no succeed
  1. Update to the latest Bios version (7C02v3A2 Beta version)
  2. Turn off fast startup Windows 10
  3. Change VGA output to HDMI

Please help, i am new to build a PC and i am busy of my working routine. Not have much time to troubleshoot the hardware thing. I am very frustrated cause repair tech man said my pc is normal (yeah, its normal when i bring my pc to their repair shop, my pc problem is randomly occure).

Solution
when the issue arises, try unplugging an reseating the HDMI cable.
see if the display is then recognized and gets a signal.

this won't "fix" your issue but determining if it works can help with further troubleshooting.

RainbowSixth

Commendable
Feb 19, 2021
when the issue arises, try unplugging an reseating the HDMI cable.
see if the display is then recognized and gets a signal.

this won't "fix" your issue but determining if it works can help with further troubleshooting.

Already do that yesterday and my monitor still no signal. reverse the cable didn't work either.
But when the problem appear again, i'll try that method again to be sure, or borrow my friend cable.

Meanwhile, can i reset cmos battery and downgrade my bios version? Its worth to try or not?

____

Edit: Right know my PC is normal but i am curious about EZ Debug Led. When i turn on my pc, CPU light up 1 second then turn off, same with VGA and BOOT. but DRAM not light up. Is it normal?

Last edited:
Right know my PC is normal but i am curious about EZ Debug Led. When i turn on my pc, CPU light up 1 second then turn off, same with VGA and BOOT. but DRAM not light up. Is it normal?
you'd have to check the user manual to see if it specifies what a quick flashing of lights may mean.
usually if there's an issue with the particular piece of hardware, it's corresponding light will remain on.

resetting the CMOS won't hurt anything, you'll just have to reconfigure your BIOS settings from default values afterwards.
whether you can flash back to a previous BIOS version depends on the board. usually it works fine.

RainbowSixth

Commendable
Feb 19, 2021
you'd have to check the user manual to see if it specifies what a quick flashing of lights may mean.
usually if there's an issue with the particular piece of hardware, it's corresponding light will remain on.

resetting the CMOS won't hurt anything, you'll just have to reconfigure your BIOS settings from default values afterwards.
whether you can flash back to a previous BIOS version depends on the board. usually it works fine.
In the manual not saying about light flashing for a second, just saying if the light stay lit, there's a problem. So my components are safe i guess. But i little bit curios about DRAM light not flashing for a second just like CPU, VGA, and BOOT.

Already cleared cmos battery and downgrade my bios version to stable. Now, i just waiting for a week and hope problem never occure again.