Solution

No problem, I use Speccy to monitor voltage and temperatures.
http://download.cnet.com/Speccy/3000-2094_4-75181811.html
(Sorry for delay in replying, got no email to warn me of your post, just lucky in checking to see if there was anything else...)
(and if you are happy with my answer you can choose it as 'best answer' and move me to Regular from Apprentice, I only need 70 more points...!!)
See no reason why not. Well within the power range of the Genny, as long as there are no other appliances hooked up to the machine with large motors. This could cause unwelcome voltage dips when starting up...(Check the voltage is correct first though! If your normal supply is, say, 240V, your PSU will probably handle voltage fluctuations in the region 180 to 260 V.
If the Genny has a voltmeter you could observe what range it operates at)

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Universal Input - works on any 100V - 240V grid

This my PSU can work on, now n my region, voltage from power station we got is 220V, and according to this, is it ok?

There is no such appliance hook up, only few lights and fans and only my pc!

Now what you say?

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

Yea, I let my fridge, fans and other appliances to stable and after couple of minutes, then turn my PC on!

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

Just wanna confirm that if stablizer is used with it, how about that, so it will control the flactuation and variation in voltage.

But just tell me simply that this power medium(Genny) could be used for running PC or UPS are made for this?

The PSU in your Computer is well capable of handling fluctuations in the input votage, as long as they are in the range 180 to 260V. It will regulate the output voltage to an acceptable level for your Motherboard. After all, having reduced the voltage from 240 to 12, say, a drop of 20V on the input would only result in a drop of 1V on the output if the PSU had no regulator! I would expect your generator to be able to regulate the A/C voltage well within the limits for your PC's PSU anyway. What model is your Genset?

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

In straight, no chances of damage of north/south bridge of mobo and any other component? And plz tell me suitable app of checking realtime voltage of every component!

Btw, Thnx :)

Great Help!

No problem, I use Speccy to monitor voltage and temperatures.
http://download.cnet.com/Speccy/3000-2094_4-75181811.html
(Sorry for delay in replying, got no email to warn me of your post, just lucky in checking to see if there was anything else...)
(and if you are happy with my answer you can choose it as 'best answer' and move me to Regular from Apprentice, I only need 70 more points...!!)

Solution