Question PC overheating after overclock

AllenNeedsADesktop

Reputable
Aug 23, 2016
My PC wasn't doing well on Apex Legends. Therefore, I decided to overclock it, using Afterburner, for better performance. I've overclocked my pc multiple times for Apex and no problems have occurred. After the 1 hr gaming session, I turned my computer off because it started to heat up A LOT. Then after it cooled down, I turned it back on and it started to heat up just from web browsing. I found the CPU to be particularly hot so I thought it might've been the thermal paste. I replaced it and it was fine for a week. It still didn't feel like my old PC with better thermal temperatures when gaming. It overheated, felt it on the case but not a lot.

Today, my pc started to suddenly take longer to turn on. I have an SSD so it's really weird and my fans are going crazy as I'm typing this, with nothing but chrome and discord open. Any idea on how to solve this? Thanks for reading!

My overclock settings
Power limit 100 to 119
Temp Limit 80 to 80
Core Clock (MHZ) 0 to 150
Memory Clock (MHZ) 0 to 500
Fan Speed (%) auto to 63

PC Specs
Gigabyte H110M-A
16gb ram
Nvidia GTX 950
Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5ghz

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You set the temp limit to 80C?
90C, I'd understand. 85C, while pushing it, is somewhat ok.

Case, and fan setup?
Cpu cooler model? Cooler mounted correctly?
Load Line Calibration isn't set stupidly high? Unless you're liquid cooling your motherboard's VRMs or LN2, you should NOT be using higher than the medium setting.

AllenNeedsADesktop

Reputable
Aug 23, 2016
You set the temp limit to 80C?
90C, I'd understand. 85C, while pushing it, is somewhat ok.

Case, and fan setup?
Cpu cooler model? Cooler mounted correctly?
Load Line Calibration isn't set stupidly high? Unless you're liquid cooling your motherboard's VRMs or LN2, you should NOT be using higher than the medium setting.

I guess my overclock settings weren't the best. It just the after effects of the overclock. It's overheating for no reasons, just from surfing the internet. I've replaced the thermal paste as well.