Question PC powers on every single day at same time. When I wake it up (after hours), bsod driver_power_state_failure

dbassist94

Commendable
Sep 22, 2018
I turn off my PC at night but when I wake up it's on sleep mode. When I wake it up, the task manager tells me CPU has been running since 00:15.
If I look in cmd for the powercfg to see if anything is turning on my pc, but only says the on/off bottom (I have a cat, but really doubt it's powering on my pc every single day at same time haha)
I tried looking in the events viewer, there are somo Kernel-power issues but more related to the morning, when I wake it up after been turned on for hours (it always ends with a bsod with the driver power state failure message :( ... )
I tried to fix it following several instructions (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR7lUNUE53g
;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umiWmdauoIA
) but nothing is working.

Intel i7- 7800x
MoBo: MSI thomahawk x299
Gpu: Gtx 1060 3gb
Ram 32 at 3200 mhz
Programs in SSD
Files and projects in SSD nmve
Cache in external hdd
PSU vulcano MPVU750

Any thoughs??

If you need any registry please let me know how to obtain them and I'll post it

Many thanks in advance!!!

dbassist94

Commendable
Sep 22, 2018
Some setting in the motherboard BIOS?

Replace your psu before the system turns in a vulcano. No chance there is any good Tacens (or Mars, that's the same) psu in the whole line-up.
ohh wow ! I'll check BIOS, but wat you say about the PSU concerns me. Could you please explain it a bit more??
Many thanks in advance!

dbassist94

Commendable
Sep 22, 2018
As said above, it could be a BIOS/UEFI setting. Many computers have the option to turn on by Real-Time Clock, where once the motherboards clock reaches a certain time, everyday, it will turn itself on. Information about this can be found on P65 of your motherboard manual E7B05v1.2.pdf (msi.com)
Just checked, it was set to wake up event by BIOS, but every option were disabled (resume by rtc alarm, by pci-e device, ...) . I changed it to wake up event by OS, just to see what happens. Do you think this will solve the problem?
I'll try to keep this updated.
Many thanks!

dbassist94

Commendable
Sep 22, 2018
Just checked, it was set to wake up event by BIOS, but every option were disabled (resume by rtc alarm, by pci-e device, ...) . I changed it to wake up event by OS, just to see what happens. Do you think this will solve the problem?
I'll try to keep this updated.
Many thanks!
I had to stay working until late these days and couldn't test if this solved the problem, but now I I know it didn't.
When I run the 'powerconfig lastwake' command it replies that 'on/of bottom' was pressed, what is false (I really doubt my cat cames every single night and press the power on bottom at same time)
I found in Scheduled Events 'NvTmRep' events programmed at 00:25, which really fits my problems. I disabled them and wait until tomorrow to see what happens