Question PC Problems

Oct 4, 2024
Hello, yesterday when I turned my pc on it was working fine but then out of nowhere my screen went white, so i turned off my computer and turned it back on and it turned on fine, but my monitor could not detect the pc connected to it and my keyboard and mouse were not working then, I got it to fix by unplugging everything then starting my pc. today I turned my pc on and had the same problem, but its display didn't come up when I unplugged everything and turned it on, when I tried to turn my pc off it would not turn off. There are no lights flashing, red or any other abnormal colors on the motherboard or anything, so I really don't know what's going on. Anyone have any possible reasons/solutions I also don't have integrated graphics so I can't unplug the graphics card and boot it into safe mode or anything

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700F
CPU cooler: i don't know
Motherboard: ASUS/MSI/ASRock
Ram: 16GB DDR4
SSD- don't know brand
GPU:RTX 2070 Super 8GB
PSU: 600 W
Chassis: Digital storm level 4
Monitor: ACER

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Most likely it's either the power supply or graphics card. Do you have a friend who knows computers to get in there and try another psu and graphics card? Probably needs a cleanout too. If don't have anyone who can help you in person then it'd be best taking it to a PC repair shop. They'll have the parts to test with.

He probably doesn't know and can't find out since his pc doesn't work
"lol",
if one can reach Tom's to look for help, one can get online and look up such information.
whether it's a specific model prebuilt.
or through purchase history with any retailers or custom system builder used.

if someone was this out of touch with their system, how would they plan on using any information/advice given here and fixing such issues anyway?