Question PC random freezes after installing new case fans

Guitto

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2015
I have just installed 6 new Lian Li AL120 fans into my case and now ive noticed that when I play CSGO, the game starts to freeze randomly for like 0.5-1 second. Like it would just randomly stutter and freeze and its really annoying. This hasnt happened before and now its constantly happening like 5 times within 1 hour. What could the issue be and does anyone know why its happening? My current specs are:
CPU: Intel Quad Core i7-10700k
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MA410M
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀GPU: RTX 3070 8GB
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Motherboard: Asus Prime Z490-A
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ RAM: Kingston Ballstix RGB 2x16gb 3600mhz
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB + Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Hard Drive: Stagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀PSU: Antec 750w
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Case: Masterbox TD500

I have also noticed my headphone sound lagging as well as well as my mouse freezes which were happening before. Could it be not enough power ? Faulty mobo?

The GPU temp when running games is about 55degrees max and CPU max 59. idle in the 40s

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Just a guess, but if this just happened after adding fans, I'd suspect that it's because you are now drawing more power. You could try disabling them one at a time as a troubleshooting measure.

Guitto

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2015
Just a guess, but if this just happened after adding fans, I'd suspect that it's because you are now drawing more power. You could try disabling them one at a time as a troubleshooting measure.
Yes, that is what i am thinking too but wouldnt be the 750w enough though plus these fans cant be taking that much more power? Unless i did something wrong with installing them but doubt it as ive followed several videos. I will have to give that a check then

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
The power supply may have degraded. It may have been on the borderline when you added the extra load. As with most things, the only sure way to prove it is replacement.

Did you install the software for the fans? If so try disabling/uninstalling it to see if this is the culprit.

Are all 6 connected together? I vaguely recall Lian-li saying maximum of 4 connected to each other though I may be remembering wrong. It'd be best if you had them on different headers though just to check.

Guitto

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2015
Did you install the software for the fans? If so try disabling/uninstalling it to see if this is the culprit.

Are all 6 connected together? I vaguely recall Lian-li saying maximum of 4 connected to each other though I may be remembering wrong. It'd be best if you had them on different headers though just to check.
4 are in one header and the other 3 in other but then they are connected together to the psu with one cable if that makes sense. Yeah, i have the software they are currently running on quiet mode its about 700 rmp

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
I'd try the software route first before changing how any of it is connected. Since you're running them at low RPM I'm pretty sure it's not a power delivery issue.
The clue is that the problem occurs only after adding the fans. I'd bet that it's a power issue, and easy enough to confirm.