Question PC randomly crashed and now won't detect start

davidRof

Commendable
Jun 18, 2021
I was playing on my PC and randomly my entire setup suddenly crashed and blacked out. I tried turning it back on but my monitor does not detect any signal from my PC. The weird thing is that my fans are spinning and my ram's RGB remain on. I read some threads online and I have an inkling that it may be a power supply issue.

PC Specs:
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x Motherboard: Aorus x570 Elite WiFi Ram: 4x8 DDR4 4000Mhz Trident Z Case: Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL ROG Power Supply: Corsair HX850 Operating System: Windows 10

davidRof

Commendable
Jun 18, 2021
I just turned it on now and it still has the same problem but something which I noticed is that my power button on my case does not work at all, holding or clicking. I need to turn off the power supply in order to shut down the PC.

I'm pretty desperate here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
I just turned it on now and it still has the same problem but something which I noticed is that my power button on my case does not work at all, holding or clicking. I need to turn off the power supply in order to shut down the PC.

I'm pretty desperate here, any help would be greatly appreciated.
The PS On signal needs to go to ground (common) when the power button is pushed. Any cheap voltmeter would measure it. It is pin 16 as shown here:
https://www.smpspowersupply.com/connectors-pinouts.html If it doesn't go to ground when pressed, then the power switch or the wiring associated with it is defective.
Dale H