Question PC Randomly crashes with no input or output at random moments while gaming

trollol1365

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 4G, 4GB
RAM: CRUCIAL DIMM 8GB, DDR4-2133
PSU: SEASONIC G-550W
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Prime A320M-K

Sometimes at random moments while gaming my pc will just repeat the last seconds of audio output, my screen will scramble and show white lines. after that my pc stops outputting anything, no video no sound and doesnt take any input(my peripherals have leds and they turn off eg the capslock) and i have to force my PC to shutdown by pressing the power button. The moments when it crash dont seem like intense ones for my gpu either. Im on win 10. I am not OC. I have checked temperatures (fans spin) and no components go over 70C. I have fixed all corrupt win files using sfc and DISM. I have cleaned the pc a bit in case of dust. I have the pc for a year and it started doing this a month ago. I have checked for malware and i dont have any. when in windowed mode I can play bit longer. It happens for games that are a bit more intesive like shadow of mordor and GTA (in gta only if its in full screen). I have reseted my PC to no avail. I havent made any recent hardware changes. I used amd cleanup to get rid of all drivers and reinstalled them. I havent checked my ram or psu because i only have one of each. None of my CPU Cores are parked. What could be the cause of this or how can i find the cause of this?

trollol1365

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
Hi.

Please elaborate this statement:

This suggest you previously have had problems with the windows installation.

Normally, if you encounter corrupted files, that may be caused by a relatively few issues:
  • Malware, or rootkits. Doesn't matter if you detected it or not.
  • Faulty RAM.
  • Faulty hdd/ssd.

I used sfc /scannow to scan for corrupt files which couldnt be fixed by sfc so i ran DISM over the command prompt ran sfc again and then it reported that there no longer any corrupt files.

I ran the windows memory diagnostic and it didnt find any problems in my ram

I have reset my pc once or twice in the past because of problems and i thought that might be why some files were corrupt

I have reset my pc once or twice in the past because of problems and i thought that might be why some files were corrupt
If files have gone corrupted, that may be caused by several issues, but not by resetting the computer I expect. Well that is unless the manufactors disk image was broken too.

I have already listed up failures I beleive may cause this. You have probably ruled out failure on RAM, but I say Memtest86+ does a better and more throughfully job finding defect ram compared to the MS tool does, so I wouldn't exclude that right yet.

trollol1365

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
If files have gone corrupted, that may be caused by several issues, but not by resetting the computer I expect. Well that is unless the manufactors disk image was broken too.

I have already listed up failures I beleive may cause this. You have probably ruled out failure on RAM, but I say Memtest86+ does a better and more throughfully job finding defect ram compared to the MS tool does, so I wouldn't exclude that right yet.

I will run it, how can i test to see if my hdd/ssd is faulty?

I ran memtest. It prints out "retrieving hardware info "etc. up until "Getting memory controller details" then the screen flashes and theres no video output, my keyboard and mouse lights go out and my pc boots into windows

Last edited:

trollol1365

Reputable
Jan 7, 2017
I updated my mobo and now when it crashes there is no video and audio output but my peripherals light up . also now memtest does run, I let it run for 30 minutes and it didnt find any errors

TRENDING THREADS