PC randomly crashing and restarting

dani.koeberl98

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017
Since about one month my gaming pc started to randomly crash about every hour and reboot directly afterwards. Now this crashes happen already about 20 seconds after the start so most of the time I can't even log into windows.
I was already monitoring the temperature. Also i was trying to use a live system to boot the pc. Still crashes after a few seconds. I haven't changed any hardware since the crashes started.
It also crashes in safe mode, but it doesn't crash when I am in the bios(UEFI).
I would appreciate help a lot.

dani.koeberl98

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

Well but if the PSU is the problem wouldn't it also crash in UEFI?

Specs:
Corsair VS650
Intel i7 4*4GHz
16GB DDR3 RAM
Asrock Z97 Motherboard

dani.koeberl98

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

Yea but it was working since 2 years. Also I already tried to start without the graphics card (removed it) but it didn't help. The other thing I don't get is that yesterday I was able to play games for about an hour before it crashed and today I can't even come to the login screen most of the time.

dani.koeberl98

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

I kinda disagree. I don't think that the quality of the PSU is that bad. However you are probably still right. How can I check if it's really the fault of the PSU? I don't want to buy a new one without being sure.

No way to tell unless you have a good known PSU to test in the machine.

But yes the VS is that bad.

dani.koeberl98

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

Oke I kinda was trusting the customer ratings when buying this. However I can't really find anything on the internet about crashes because of this PSU. I mean some have this problem when playing games and putting the system under high preasure mine even crashes without GPU and sometimes 5 seconds after booting.

Replace the PSU defiantly.

Don't even power it on until it's replaced, unplug it from the power and let it sit.

As far as customer reviews go, well anything cheap will get good reviews so that's not saying much. Customer reviews aren't normally worth the time it takes to read them. Plus anyone buying a cheap unit like that doesn't know enough to actually review one or even say anything about it. If they did know anything they never would have bought the unit in the 1st place.

For PSU's only trust professional reviews.

Mark RM

Admirable

I'm not going to spend time convincing you that PSU is a POS when google is full of such narratives.