[SOLVED] PC randomly powers off and then restarts ?

Feb 11, 2021
Hello everyone!

For a week now my PC acts weirdly. It powers off, all the LEDs and fans stop and then restarts. This is so random I can't reproduce it at all, sometimes it happened mostly while I was playing Minecraft and CSGO, tried running other games like Cyberpunk 2077, The Withcer, R6S, etc and this didn't happened, BUT again it's so random so it doesn't happen every time I play those game.

I ran Intel's stress test from Intel XTU and Furmark at the same time to stress test the PC and nothing happened, it was all fine.
Max temps are ~60C on both CPU & GPU.
Ran Aida64's stress test, OCCT and it all looks fine. Also ran Windows Memory Diagnostics, everything is fine, ran chkdsk, no errors.
I have the latest Windows update, also latest NVidia drivers.
The GPU is overclocked, though I don't think this is the problem because everything was fine before, and this started happening recently ( I OC'ed the GPU almost 3 months ago )

I don't know what to try anymore, and the fact that this is so random is annoying because I can't reproduce it. What else can I try to diagnose the problem?

System specifications:

CPU: Intel I5 10400F
MOBO: MSI B460 MAG MORTAR
RAM: Patriot Viper 2x8 running at 2666Mhz ( XMP enabled in BIOS )
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 Dual 6GB
Storage: Adata Su630 480GB & Seagate Barracuda 1TB
PSU: Corsair CX850M

Solution
First (and easiest) thing to do would be to disable all overclocks, voltage adjustments, motherboard-specific turbo boosts, and timing adjustments (including XMP) and test stability. If everything is fine it's either one of (or a combination of) the adjustments you turned off.
Hello everyone!

For a week now my PC acts weirdly. It powers off, all the LEDs and fans stop and then restarts. This is so random I can't reproduce it at all, sometimes it happened mostly while I was playing Minecraft and CSGO, tried running other games like Cyberpunk 2077, The Withcer, R6S, etc and this didn't happened, BUT again it's so random so it doesn't happen every time I play those game.

I ran Intel's stress test from Intel XTU and Furmark at the same time to stress test the PC and nothing happened, it was all fine.
Max temps are ~60C on both CPU & GPU.
Ran Aida64's stress test, OCCT and it all looks fine. Also ran Windows Memory Diagnostics, everything is fine, ran chkdsk, no errors.
I have the latest Windows update, also latest NVidia drivers.
The GPU is overclocked, though I don't think this is the problem because everything was fine before, and this started happening recently ( I OC'ed the GPU almost 3 months ago )

I don't know what to try anymore, and the fact that this is so random is annoying because I can't reproduce it. What else can I try to diagnose the problem?

System specifications:

CPU: Intel I5 10400F
MOBO: MSI B460 MAG MORTAR
RAM: Patriot Viper 2x8 running at 2666Mhz ( XMP enabled in BIOS )
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 Dual 6GB
Storage: Adata Su630 480GB & Seagate Barracuda 1TB
PSU: Corsair CX850M
Try disabling xmp

Reactions: alceryes
First (and easiest) thing to do would be to disable all overclocks, voltage adjustments, motherboard-specific turbo boosts, and timing adjustments (including XMP) and test stability. If everything is fine it's either one of (or a combination of) the adjustments you turned off.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution