Question PC Randomly Rebooting - no BSOD ?

Feb 25, 2023
Hello, my pc randomly reboots 1 to 2 times a day. Screen turns black, motherboard logo comes up just like a regular boot (no BSOD). It seems to be random because when I left it on idle or just browsing the web, it rebooted. In Windows 11 Reliability history, it shows Kernel-Power, Event 41, task 63. Therefore, my first suspect is the PSU, but I would greatly appreciate any advice before I make the purchase.

I built this PC myself in late 2022.
Here are my specs:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Solobobble/saved/#view=Wg8cxr
The Toshiba P300 SSD and the HDD are around 6 years older. Windows 11 is installed on the M.2 drive.

What I've tried:
Updated BIOS (then set XMP on RAM)
Update AMD chipset driver
Updated GPU driver
Ran OCCT for 1hr (no errors)
Monitored temperatures
Checked drive health using Windows feature

Would appreciate any advice or additional diagnostics I can run.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023
After encountering more (3 in one day) reboots, I have determined it is not the PSU. I've read online that the SN850x has problems with MSI motherboards. In fact, my SN850x was not recognized in the first M.2 slot when I built the rig and I have since been using it in the second slot while sacrificing PCIe 4.0 speeds. So I have replaced my drive with a Samsung 980 Pro (the newer ones without the firmware issue) and I have had no reboots for 3 days. The guy at Canada Computers told me to try switching to a different power outlet, and if that doesn't work try without XMP, which would rule out the RAM. I will try this if the drive is not the issue.