[SOLVED] PC Randomly Restart when play a game

Mar 1, 2019
How to see if my PSU not strong enough to power my PC?
Because everytime i play BF5 or Skyrim, it randomly restart, not everytime but most likely everytime play a game, when idle or just browsing it never happen.

I was have GTX 1050 2gb and sell it to buy secondhand GTX 1060 3gb, it happen when i add some accesories like LED and Homemade GPU Cooler with 2 Standar Fan, also CoolerMaster LED Bar,, does it happen because my PSU not strong enough?

Some friends tell me that's because the PSU
and some tell me that's because the Stabilizer

I'm using Samoto 1000 Stabilizer and my PC and monitor are plug into it.
And also in my house there's problem with Electric Current so i decided to use Stabilizer.

My Rig:
•i5-2500 with CoolerMaster i70C CPU Cooler
•8GB RAM DDR3 with 2x Jonsbo Aurora RAM Heatsink
•Zotac 1060 3GB below it have Homemade GPU Cooler 2x Blue LED Fan
•PSU Enlight Sniper Power 450 +80 Bronze
•1TB HDD
•5x Mejec Blue LED Fan

Solution
Windows and many apps like YouTube, browsers etc actually use very little power from a cpu/gpu so requirements are small. Most pc's can be run from 150w or less. A gpu running games changes that immensely, some pc's having a constant 500w draw or higher. With your pc running @ 200-250w in medium gaming, you are reaching the point where the psu cannot supply voltages necessary, and that includes that very nasty 5v rail that's creating a lot of electrical noise, and instability. You end up starving components and then something has to give. And so you get shutdowns, bsod, blackscreens etc.

The psu is the heart of your pc, it powers everything. If you personally had a bad heart, it'll lead to shortness of breath, fatigue, heart attacks...

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
The issue is likely your PSU. The Enlight Sniper Power 450, and many like it, do not supply the wattage they are labelled for. I would suggest something from EVGA, Corsair, Antec, etc. Not only is this likely the issue but you are also running the risk of a malfunction, maybe resulting in fried components.

Mar 1, 2019
The issue is likely your PSU. The Enlight Sniper Power 450, and many like it, do not supply the wattage they are labelled for. I would suggest something from EVGA, Corsair, Antec, etc. Not only is this likely the issue but you are also running the risk of a malfunction, maybe resulting in fried components.
So what should i do? I really not on budhet now, i even think twice to buy something to eat,, it keep restarting, i've remove some of the fan, but it keep like that

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'm going to guess, but probably your best, cheap option will be a Seasonic S12-II 520/620w. If you can't get that, then runner up would be Corsair VS. The Seasonic used should be ok, mine is 6 yrs old and still works like new. A used Corsair VS is iffy, but still miles ahead in quality compared to your current psu.

Mar 1, 2019
I'm going to guess, but probably your best, cheap option will be a Seasonic S12-II 520/620w. If you can't get that, then runner up would be Corsair VS. The Seasonic used should be ok, mine is 6 yrs old and still works like new. A used Corsair VS is iffy, but still miles ahead in quality compared to your current psu.
Thank you, i really don't know about this, i thought the problem was other component.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Windows and many apps like YouTube, browsers etc actually use very little power from a cpu/gpu so requirements are small. Most pc's can be run from 150w or less. A gpu running games changes that immensely, some pc's having a constant 500w draw or higher. With your pc running @ 200-250w in medium gaming, you are reaching the point where the psu cannot supply voltages necessary, and that includes that very nasty 5v rail that's creating a lot of electrical noise, and instability. You end up starving components and then something has to give. And so you get shutdowns, bsod, blackscreens etc.

The psu is the heart of your pc, it powers everything. If you personally had a bad heart, it'll lead to shortness of breath, fatigue, heart attacks etc. Imagine that's what's happening to your pc. You want it to run, and it's crawling home.

Pc hardware issues aren't always easy to diagnose, too much relies on other things, gpu needs power, cpu needs motherboard, gpu needs motherboard, motherboard nerds ram etc. So the more you can eliminate as a cause, the easier to find/fix the issue. That's a disaster of a psu and it'll affect anything that requires power, which in a pc is everything. So fix that first, eliminate power as an issue, if the problem persists, you look elsewhere. It's also generally the cheapest component to replace. Cpus, ram gpu all expensive, motherboard is a pain, if not expensive as well.

Last edited:
Solution
Mar 1, 2019

The psu is the heart of your pc, it powers everything. If you personally had a bad heart, it'll lead to shortness of breath, fatigue, heart attacks etc. Imagine that's what's happening to your pc. You want it to run, and it's crawling home.

Pc hardware issues aren't always easy to diagnose, too much relies on other things, gpu needs power, cpu needs motherboard, gpu needs motherboard, motherboard nerds ram etc. So the more you can eliminate as a cause, the easier to find/fix the issue. That's a disaster of a psu and it'll affect anything that requires power, which in a pc is everything. So fix that first, eliminate power as an issue, if the problem persists, you look elsewhere. It's also generally the cheapest component to replace. Cpus, ram gpu all expensive, motherboard is a pain, if not expensive as well.
Thankyou, yes i really noob about this, i learn it by my self, rarely i search what i want to know at google, i usually repair it my self, but sometimes i'm at my limit so this time i really have a bad week, have problem with money, family, and now my pc. But thanks to this forum i found awesome people.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Not really. It's only got 36A on 12v rail, my 6yr old 520w has 40A. Any decent 550w should have 43-44A. It's also only 1x pcie 6+2pin, a good 550w will have a minimum of 2x sometimes upto 4x 6+2pin. The makers of the gamemax have no faith in their psu to handle gaming gpus of any decent power draw. At £50 it's a ripoff.

Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£59.98 @ Amazon UK)

Mar 1, 2019
Not really. It's only got 36A on 12v rail, my 6yr old 520w has 40A. Any decent 550w should have 43-44A. It's also only 1x pcie 6+2pin, a good 550w will have a minimum of 2x sometimes upto 4x 6+2pin. The makers of the gamemax have no faith in their psu to handle gaming gpus of any decent power draw. At £50 it's a ripoff.

Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£59.98 @ Amazon UK)
Thankyou, someone have buy my PSU for about 25$ but i guess i can save few more to buy Corsair VS 450w for 40$ or 550w for 65$,