Jul 16, 2023
Specs:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
- GPU: Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 ti
- PSU: ARESGAME AGV Series 750W 80 Plus Bronze
- MOBO: MSI B450 Gaming PRO Carbon MAX WiFi
- RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR4
- SSD: Samsung 980 1TB

I have had this computer for about a year now and everything is compatible and it has worked perfectly fine up until a few weeks ago it started to shut off randomly. When this happens all of the lights including the power switch will turn off except for the RAM RGB. Whenever I try pressing the power button nothing works, and I have to unplug and reconnect the PSU. At first I thought it could be the CPU overheating, so I tried re-applying the thermal paste which made the temperatures lower a bit and the PC seemed to be fine for a few days, however it started doing it again. I noticed something very strange that whenever I bang my fist on my desk or something it restarts/turns back on. With these things considered, I figured it could either be an unstable connection somewhere in the PC, which I briefly tried to check when putting on the thermal paste, but didn't see much, or something could be wrong with my power supply. I figured I should go to the handy internet before making any new purchases to be safe in case anybody knows of a solution. Does anybody have any ideas?

Specs:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
- GPU: Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 ti
- PSU: ARESGAME AGV Series 750W 80 Plus Bronze
- MOBO: MSI B450 Gaming PRO Carbon MAX WiFi
- RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR4
- SSD: Samsung 980 1TB

I have had this computer for about a year now and everything is compatible and it has worked perfectly fine up until a few weeks ago it started to shut off randomly. When this happens all of the lights including the power switch will turn off except for the RAM RGB. Whenever I try pressing the power button nothing works, and I have to unplug and reconnect the PSU. At first I thought it could be the CPU overheating, so I tried re-applying the thermal paste which made the temperatures lower a bit and the PC seemed to be fine for a few days, however it started doing it again. I noticed something very strange that whenever I bang my fist on my desk or something it restarts/turns back on. With these things considered, I figured it could either be an unstable connection somewhere in the PC, which I briefly tried to check when putting on the thermal paste, but didn't see much, or something could be wrong with my power supply. I figured I should go to the handy internet before making any new purchases to be safe in case anybody knows of a solution. Does anybody have any ideas?
My bet is on that cheap PSU or it's connections.