[SOLVED] pc randomly slowed down and started making beeping sounds

Sep 29, 2019
So I was just browsing around on my pc when suddenly it just started running slow,like when I clicked on the start button,it took a few seconds to bring up the start menu and when I continuesly pressed the windows key on my keyboard,my pc started making a continues beeping sounds

I've been having this issue where my mouse cursor randomly starts lagging

2080ti
Ryzen 3700x
X570 gaming edge WiFi
16gb 3200mhz ram
Cxm 650w 80+ Corsair psu

Solution
Not a dedicated "beeper" per se. The diagnostic beep sounds would come through the audio.

Keyboard sounds are to indicate that some key or keys are being pressed. Some of those sounds, Num Lock, Caps Lock, can be suppressed.

Such settings are configurable via "WIN" + "I" > Ease of Access > Keyboard.

That said, after reading back, if the downshift to slower performance is a continuing issue use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Boot up and watch what the computer is doing.

Very likely you will see some change when the system slows. May be, for example, some background app attempting to update, backup, or phone home.

Ralston18

Titan
Sep 29, 2019
There should be some pattern to the beeping sounds., Long beeps, shorter beeps, and in some repeating pattern. For example: 1 long beep, 2 short beeps.

Motherboard User Manual:

http://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C37v1.1.pdf

A couple of beep codes are discussed on Page 73

For more beep code information:

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=311701.0

The important part to correct match motherboard to the applicable manufacturer beep codes.
Sorry for the late reply

I'm pretty sure that none of the MSI motherboard's have a built in "beeper"

Ralston18

Titan
Not a dedicated "beeper" per se. The diagnostic beep sounds would come through the audio.

Keyboard sounds are to indicate that some key or keys are being pressed. Some of those sounds, Num Lock, Caps Lock, can be suppressed.

Such settings are configurable via "WIN" + "I" > Ease of Access > Keyboard.

That said, after reading back, if the downshift to slower performance is a continuing issue use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Boot up and watch what the computer is doing.

Very likely you will see some change when the system slows. May be, for example, some background app attempting to update, backup, or phone home.

Solution
Jul 1, 2020
Im having the same issue, my cpu makes these beeps without pattern like long and short beeps whenever I use it like browsing/gaming. When I'm not using it the sound goes away, if I kept using it while it's making these sounds, it'll show me BSOD and restart my pc. It also makes my computer run slower (my pc runs smooth when I bought it), please help.