[SOLVED] Pc really not doing well after installing new mobo, cpu and ram.

Oct 18, 2021
So today I managed to install my new mobo (H510m S2H) and an i5 10400f. After installing everything, it booted up like normal surprisingly to my normal windows. However it was laggy as hell and while searching around people said that a fresh reinstall of windows is recommended when changing your motherboard. So here I am after reinstalling windows 3 times, with a USB drive totally fresh not just a factory reset, and I still can't get away from the lag and slow app startups. Any suggestions?

Solution
Since your CPU doesn't have an integrated graphics, your GPU has to be creating your display(s).
WHY it is performing so poorly? I don't know.

Maybe start a new thread in graphics cards with your performance issue and a link to your userbenchmark results.
Include your monitor(s), connection types (DP, HDMI, etc), and resolutions.
Include your power supply in your description.
Good luck.
Hello, very late reply but I found out the problem. It was actually the motherboard apparently it just couldn't handle the cpu or something. I looked up h510m s2h motherboard on the internet and barely found many reviews of it so I take it the model is just bad and not worth buying. Other than that I've got a new mobo and everything is...

kanewolf

Titan
So today I managed to install my new mobo (H510m S2H) and an i5 10400f. After installing everything, it booted up like normal surprisingly to my normal windows. However it was laggy as hell and while searching around people said that a fresh reinstall of windows is recommended when changing your motherboard. So here I am after reinstalling windows 3 times, with a USB drive totally fresh not just a factory reset, and I still can't get away from the lag and slow app startups. Any suggestions?
Run userbenchmark.com and post a link to the results. It gives us a standardized benchmark insight.

At least it booted....

I'd just wipe and reload...

If unwilling, you can try deleting all chipset /CPU references in device manager, rebooting, and/or installing correct H510 chipset drivers unique to your mainboard.

Clearly simply rebooting and hoping everything is 'auto-installed' rarely works out well.

At least it booted....

If unwilling, you can try deleting all chipset /CPU references in device manager, rebooting, and/or installing correct H510 chipset drivers unique to your mainboard.

Clearly simply rebooting and hoping everything is 'auto-installed' rarely works out well.

You evidently didn't read the OP's entire post where he clearly said:

"So here I am after reinstalling windows 3 times"

Oct 18, 2021
At least it booted....

Yea my pc booting up after this upgrade is an miracle in itself considering I didn't even uninstall any drivers before it. And yea I have reinstalled windows 3 times using a USB, unfortunately same result.

I will try deleting all chipset or cpu references, I even used the gigabyte cd that came in with the mobo to install everything but it didn't make a huge difference. I'm trying to find my motherboards drivers too. It's just that everything takes long to load and my mouse is laggy and opening a new app or downloading something will result in a minutes worth of lag. I'll keep trying today though

Oct 18, 2021
Not my area of expertise. I don't game so I pay zero attention to graphics card threads.

Could you have something like vSync enabled on the monitor?
What are your temps like ?
I don't have vsync enabled at all and it like lags whenever I open an app or just move from an app or tab. Also I'm not gaming at all atm, just trying to do basic stuff like opening apps and installing stuff which is hard with all the slowness. My temps are completely fine not sure if my gpu is being used fully though

kanewolf

Titan
I don't have vsync enabled at all and it like lags whenever I open an app or just move from an app or tab. Also I'm not gaming at all atm, just trying to do basic stuff like opening apps and installing stuff which is hard with all the slowness. My temps are completely fine not sure if my gpu is being used fully though
Since your CPU doesn't have an integrated graphics, your GPU has to be creating your display(s).

Maybe start a new thread in graphics cards with your performance issue and a link to your userbenchmark results.
Good luck.

Oct 18, 2021

Good luck.
I think you are right, my gpu has to be the problem because everything else seems fine. Guess I'll create a new thread and see if someone knows about it, thanks for the info

Oct 18, 2021

Good luck.
Hello, very late reply but I found out the problem. It was actually the motherboard apparently it just couldn't handle the cpu or something. I looked up h510m s2h motherboard on the internet and barely found many reviews of it so I take it the model is just bad and not worth buying. Other than that I've got a new mobo and everything is working fine now so thanks for the help.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution