PC Reboots during Gameplay: BATTLEBOX ULTIMATE - INTEL CORE I7 7700K

Apr 9, 2018
Hi,

My PC is rebooting itself during gameplay without warning. If I'm one on one in PUBG in gunfight/punching, the computer will restart. If I go first person on a ride on Planet Coaster, the system will reboot. It also reboots if i'm in a large battle on Total Warhammer 2. If I'm playing Battlefield 1 or Kingdom Come Deliverance, it'll reboot after around an hour or two of gameplay.

I bought the system from Overclockers and have now sent it back to them twice to see if they can diagnose the issue. They're unable to make the system crash which is really frustrating.

Before sending the system back the first time, Overclockers got me to stress test the system as well as running a high powered simulation test - can't remember the name of the programme unfortunately. These tests didn't make the system crash.

The system repair team assured me that they would change the PSU to see if that helped but this wasn't noted on any paper work which leads me to believe that it wasn't changed.

They put BF1 in spectator mode for 3 hours and the system didn't crash so they couldn't find the issue.
Literally the same day that I received the system back it rebooted straight away! So it's gone back to Overclockers again. It's driving me crazy as I should be able to play these games in ultra high without having to worry about it rebooting! It was built to order and is brand spanking new. Only had it for a month (not including the time it's been back with Overclockers).

I've tried lowering my graphic settings but this doesn't stop it from rebooting - just prolongs gameplay.
Drivers are all updated.

Here's the specs:
650W 80Plus Gold Rated PSU
Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Hyperthreaded Quad Core Processor Overclocked to 4.7GHz
Asus Strix Z270G (Socket 1151) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard
Alpenfohn Matterhorn Black 120mm Tower Cooler
16GB DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB Solid State Drive
Seagated 2TB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X Graphics Card
Windows 10 64 Bit

Any help would be appreciated!
Justin

Solution
From the onset, the PSU's wattage seems to indicate you're clear to work with your GTX1080Ti but the make and model of your PSU isn't stated. he issue you've stated can happen when the PSU is incapable of delivering the necessary power to the entire system when taxed or if there is a thermal issue.

You may want to ask the people who built it if they could see if there is any BIOS update pending. Seeing how this is brand new, you could void warranty just by tampering with the innards.

Lutfij

Titan
From the onset, the PSU's wattage seems to indicate you're clear to work with your GTX1080Ti but the make and model of your PSU isn't stated. he issue you've stated can happen when the PSU is incapable of delivering the necessary power to the entire system when taxed or if there is a thermal issue.

You may want to ask the people who built it if they could see if there is any BIOS update pending. Seeing how this is brand new, you could void warranty just by tampering with the innards.

Solution
Apr 9, 2018

The BIOS was updated when they last had it so unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. The PSU was meant to be Cougar GX-S 650W 80 Plus Gold Power Supply but the warehouse had run out of this component so they replaced it for me. They mentioned the replacement over the phone so can't remember the name of it which isn't helpful!

Just had an email from them to say that they replicated the issues that I told them but they couldn't get the system to crash. It makes me think that it is something my end but I have no idea what it could be. Currently have my old PC set up and it's never rebooted and I've never had any difficulties with it.