[SOLVED] PC reboots randomly at idle

Karan Yelve

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
Hi,

I've recently been facing issues with my pc where it randomly restarts at idle. When under full load like gaming or even doing light tasks like browsing the web it works fine no issues at all. It's whenever I tap out of these tasks the pc reboots after 3 min. In event viewer I see a critical error saying Event ID 41 (63) Kernel-Power

My Rig
Ryzen 3500
16GB DDR4 Corsair RAM XMP enabled 3000mh
Asrock B450 Pro Latest Bios New
1 TB HDD New
750Ti
TX 650M PSU New

Thanks.

Solution
Try disabling XMP in BIOS and manually inputting the frequency, timings and voltage. See if that helps. Also, just for the sake of relevance, can you mention what your motherboard BIOS version is? Lastly, include the version (not edition) for your OS if you're on Windows 10.

Lutfij

Titan
Try disabling XMP in BIOS and manually inputting the frequency, timings and voltage. See if that helps. Also, just for the sake of relevance, can you mention what your motherboard BIOS version is? Lastly, include the version (not edition) for your OS if you're on Windows 10.

Solution

Karan Yelve

Honorable
Jun 5, 2016
Hi

Thanks for the response

I have disabled XMP and it seems to be working without any issues (but performance takes a massive hit). Will try manually setting the ram config over the weekend
Currently I'm using Windows 10 Home 21h1 19043 ,1320
And the BIOS version P5.30