Question PC reset isn't working

Sep 21, 2020
Hi everyone, I've tried to work this issue for 2 days now and I'm going round in circles. All I want to do is reset my PC as I'm selling it.

So when I select to reset, I'm asked to run the install disc as it can't find the right environment. I subsequently went onto MS to download the install tool onto a USB stick. When I access bios to run the stick it asks if I'm trying to install windows and if so to remove stick or to upgrade windows to continue. Next screen simply says nope the upgrade option isn't available and gives me no further options.

So I've ran SCF in between some very long restarts it through out the corrupt file message. Then I've run the DISM and most recently is thrown out that the "source" files could not be found.

Could anyone assist me with this until I get to the reset successfully as this is about the MAX of my knowledge in PC's.................

" I subsequently went onto MS to download the install tool onto a USB stick"

Did you download the tool and put the tool on the usb stick or did you start the tool on your system and followed the instruction to create a Windows install usb stick? The tool is not the thing you put on the usb stick.

Sep 21, 2020
So I run the MS tool and everything seemed fine until restarting. Literally all I'm getting is a black screen. I've powdered down then switched back on, still nothing. I've tried to get into bios alternative esp and f8 but nothing is popping up. Any suggestions?

Mattp2017

Honorable
Jan 25, 2017
So I run the MS tool and everything seemed fine until restarting. Literally all I'm getting is a black screen. I've powdered down then switched back on, still nothing. I've tried to get into bios alternative esp and f8 but nothing is popping up. Any suggestions?

List step by step what steps you took right before the black screen. It should of been- downloaded media creation tool, run it and created USB drive with windows on it, rebooted and immediately went into the bios and set the USB drive as the first boot priority, saved and exited, then the windows installation should have began at that point..... Also, you made sure to get the right version right either the 32 bit or 64 bit? It should of asked as your were created the USB drive.

Try resetting your CMOS battery to see if you can get back into the bios.

Sep 21, 2020
So I started download of the creation tool and it asked if I wanted iso or usb. I said iso this time as the other guy said I was to run the tool on pc and then create usb. Then I selected where to save it and that I wanted to reinstall windows, it happily progressed percentage then said it had to restart. Been black screen ever since.....it never asked about 32 or 64