Question PC restarting problem

Jun 30, 2023
My PC keeps on restarting itself. First, it restarts after few hours, now it keeps on restarting every second. I can't even get to BIOS without it restarting itself. I have done RAM test and checkdisk (before it went downhill), but they were both OK. I have also checked the temperature, it was running on normal temperature, between around 38 to 50 celcius.

Ist it maybe my PSU that is a faulty?

The computer is less than 2 years old: Intel i5-11400, MSI B560i motherboard, Windows 11 on SSD, and I also use NVIDIA 3050 graphic card, Corsair SF-600 SFX PSU.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/u7FIqT3SNL0?feature=share

Last edited:

Misgar

Notable
Mar 2, 2023
The Corsair SFX PSU is (in theory) a TierA High End unit so it should still be OK after two years, but without swapping for another PSU, it's difficult to say.

Is your CPU cooler still secure and does the CPU fan still spin up (albeit briefly)?

You could unplug the 3050 and connect the monitor to the iGPU port on the motherboard.

Jun 30, 2023
The Corsair SFX PSU is (in theory) a TierA High End unit so it should still be OK after two years, but without swapping for another PSU, it's difficult to say.

Is your CPU cooler still secure and does the CPU fan still spin up (albeit briefly)?

You could unplug the 3050 and connect the monitor to the iGPU port on the motherboard.
The CPU fan still runs, I just tried to turn the PC just now, it can run for 1 minute before it began restarting (and the processor fan was also running well). Can the 3050 make the computer behave like that? I thought a failing graphic card does is just no visual.

Misgar

Notable
Mar 2, 2023
Removing the 3050 will place a smaller load on the PSU and might allow the computer to work a bit longer before it crashes.

If the same problem occurs with the GPU removed, you'll know the culprit is probably not the plugin graphics card.

If you have a spare PSU, give it a try. The more parts you can substitute, the sooner the fault will be revealed.

Jun 30, 2023
Removing the 3050 will place a smaller load on the PSU and might allow the computer to work a bit longer before it crashes.

If the same problem occurs with the GPU removed, you'll know the culprit is probably not the plugin graphics card.

If you have a spare PSU, give it a try. The more parts you can substitute, the sooner the fault will be revealed.
I will try to do that once I get my new PSU. I will get back to you later. Thanks.

Jun 30, 2023
OK, here it is...
I used my original PSU and took out the graphic card: the problem still here.
I changed the PSU, and without the graphic card: it didn't restart, but there is no visual coming from the motherboard.
I changed the PSU, and I put back the graphic card: it restarted once & twice, & there is no visual.

I am starting to think maybe it's the motherboard now.

Last edited: