PC restarts on its on randomly

tiancai

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2014
It just started recently that my PC would restart itself randomly like after 30-40minutes of using ... However it would reboot but the screen is just black with a msg "no singal detected".

Previously it runs with lag and occasional freezes before this random restarts occurs. I downloaded a boot scan "anvisoft" but halfway through a scan it restarted and then same problem.

I am currently not able to go in and find a log as I've to try many times just to successfully get into windows.

Is there anyway to help? Thx.

Download SpeedFan, install it, and check the temperatures. Overheating could be the culprit. You may need to clean out the dust that accumulates inside. You might also want to run SFC to check for and attempt to fix corrupt system files. Open an administrator command prompt and issue this command: sfc /scannow.

Good luck.

tiancai

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2014

Sorry ... I am a noob when it comes to this ...
What is a GPU?

tiancai

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2014

Thx for helping, however I've some questions ...
can i ask, what is considered overheating? I don't really know the correct/normal/safe tmprature that a PC should be running on.

1zg87zb.jpg

is this normal?
It seems rather weird because there are times that it just don't start up at all or restart soon it enters window/desktop. At times, it just enters windows with a black screen. But sometimes works fine for hours without restarting.

Also SFC scan did not find any problem.

Hope you can help on this, thx.