Question Pc restarts while gaming!!!

Sep 10, 2024
Hello everyone about 5 months ago I bought a prebuilt pc that has been fantastic up until the last couple of days. Now I know the reputations that pre builts have however you can score some really good ones depending on the situation. I got it for a really good price and needed one since that last one I built was outdated and years old at this point it was best to get a whole new system but didn’t feel like building. This system has a Ryzen 5 7600 cpu, a rx 7600 gpu, 16gb ddr5 ram, 850watt 80plus gold, 1tb nvme ssd, asus prime a620 plus mobo. So I was playing R6 when the pc suddenly froze and then restarted by itself. I had an extra psu laying around and swapped it and that didn’t seem to fix the issue. I’ve also monitored cpu temps and they don’t get anywhere close to overheating, and I have also tested ram, as well as trying to update the bios but was actually already completely up to date. However what I did notice was nothing ever happened when I was playing fromsoft games for hours and hours on in without any crashing…why though? Well that’s because all fromsoft games are capped at 60fps! R6 got to where it almost restarted the pc instantly and other games as well. sometimes I would get lucky and maybe get 5mins into the game before crashing! I capped the fps at 144 on everything and seems to work fine last night I wiped the whole pc and will test when I get home to see if it might have been some driver issues as I heard that could be the case as well. If that’s not the case what do you guys suggest? Should I just cap fps in every game I play? The pc has been running flawlessly since I got it no issues before when the fps was uncapped literally started happening one day to the next? Sorry for the long post