Mar 27, 2019
I7-4790k
Gtx 760sc
Mobo- MSI z97 gaming 7
Barracuda 1tb drive
Thermaltake 750w psu
1x8gb patriot viper 1600Mhz ram and 2x4gb same brand ram
Windows 10
My PC had been running slow for quite a while, it started out with the pc getting stuck on start up and having to restart it. When I press the power button to turn it back on the fans would spin and it would all start for about a second then turn right back off. This happens 2-3 times sometimes when trying to turn it back on. It frequently will stutter the audio when in discord and windows are laggy when dragging around on my screens. Programs have also started opening slowly and computer starting slow. Just recently I noticed that my FPS in games like CSGO where I would usually get at least 100 frames, I am now getting close to 20FPS and in action even less. I decided to try to figure it out this week and thought it might just need a GPU upgrade (currently a gtx 760sc). I benchmarked my rig and my cpu was severely underperforming in the bottom 15th percentile when it should be in the 85th percentile (I7 4790k). My ram was also kind of slow but that’s expected from my ddr3 1600mhz ram. I checked all my connections and cleaned out my computer of dust to see if that had any affect and it did not. I also tried resetting the cmos battery, and did a fresh install of windows. I left my computer running when I went to get food from my kitchen and when I came back my screens were black and in the bottom right it displayed the number 99. I read somewhere that it may be my mobo (msi z97 gaming 7) but wasn’t sure and If it is I’ll probably just replace it. Thank you for your time!