Question PC running slow with Ryzen 3900X and RTX 3090 Ti ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2022
So my system is running slow and i'm finding lag even with things like photoshop, it works its just everything is very clunky!

i have 3x 4K monitors with the 2 side monitors being 60HZ and the center monitor 144HZ.

Ryen 3900X
RTX3090 Ti
64GB Ram

I assumed this would be good enough for a triple 4k monitor setup, but since upgrading to the triple 4k monitors windows runs slow for photoshop, and premiere pro ect. Its still usable but everything is very clunky and i get lots of lag in applications. Is this normal or is something likely to be wrong?

i do agree, nothing relatively suspicious on UBM can be seen
zentimings are also looking fine

you could try updating bios as its 2 years old

can you check device manager -> ide ATA/ATAPI controllers, to see if you have have installed AMD SATA driver or standard SATA driver, on some system gets AMD driver installed, but it just causes I/O stalls as its not ment to be used on this platform

Making sure you are always on the, relatively, latest BIOS, these days, is pretty much almost the same thing as making sure you kept the device drivers up to date in years past. It's basically mandatory if you don't want very real problems. I don't recommend beta versions unless your exact problem is what gets addressed by that beta, but any stable version is definitely recommended if it is the latest one and no known apparent problems with that version exist. I like to give it about a month after a BIOS release and at that point if there was going to be a problem, it would have happened by then given the number of people who generally alpha and then beta test most BIOS releases plus then release candidate feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.