[SOLVED] Pc shut down randomly followed by a restart with no display on the monitor.

Aug 22, 2020
Pc shut down randomly followed by a restart with no display on the monitor. Turns back on normally after unplugging cords for a few minutes, but again followed by a sudden shut down (or power loss, i dont know).
Happens while working (editing) or even at times when idle/browsing. At times it works for around 2 hours and sometime not even 10 minutes.

i7
Psu - Corsair VS650
GPU - Zotac 1060 6gb
2 sdd (256gb and 1tb)
1 hdd (2tb)
2x8gb ram Kingston
cooler master liquid cooling (not sure about the model)

edit:
Ran Furmark stress test: Ran about 30minutes and boom: pc shut down followed by no display

Last edited:
Solution
well the GPU use's the most wattage and although its not a lot for a 1060 it is only a £50 PSU I think you need to look at getting a better one only my thoughts. PSU's degrade over time and you do need them to work well to keep system running. you could take it to repair shop that cost's as much as a new one and I have done many times myself.
Aug 22, 2020
well not really sure I would look at the temps of the cpu and see if they are fine but it would be a guess to say PSU.

Temps: attached screenshot
temperatures

Ps : So i've went through many forums. Pulled out my Ram, Gpu cleaned them and place them back, did a clean install of windows 10, updated drivers and bios.
Now PC is not randomly shutting down (at least for 3-4 hours that I've tested). But once I shut down and start again monitor shows no display. But things are fine/normal if I turn on after say 10-15 minutes.
Really confused here :(

well the GPU use's the most wattage and although its not a lot for a 1060 it is only a £50 PSU I think you need to look at getting a better one only my thoughts. PSU's degrade over time and you do need them to work well to keep system running. you could take it to repair shop that cost's as much as a new one and I have done many times myself.

Solution