[SOLVED] Pc Shuts down after installing RTX 2080

G_spray

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
After i installed my new Asus RTX 2080 yesterday my pc shuts down all the time, while playing games, i got more than enought cooling for my cpu, my card is at 50 ish, and ive tried cleaning my psu, ive tested everything i can test, my mobo is ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F with i9 9900k. ive tried removing ram ive reinstalled, b4 the upgrade i had dual 970's so going down to only 1 card should draw more power, but i am starting to wonder if it must be the psu, if it aint the actual rtx 2080, any ideas?

G_spray

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
i realise im spamming my own forum rn, but i just need to ask, u know those Plastic protection caps that is on the "sli" "ports" on the gpu, i just took it off, i know this might be an stupid question, but at this point i dont have any idea, can that be the issue, that the plastic was leading electricity to eathother or something? "feel free to make fun of my btw" xD

G_spray

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
Installed an Corsair Rm750i today, actually played an full game of cs without crashing, ill do some more playing and ill be back to let u know if i just got lucky or if it actually was the fix :) thx for the help for now!

Reactions: Metal Messiah.