Question PC shuts down during gaming and RAM tests after upgrading from Ryzen 5 2400G to Ryzen 5 5600X ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 14, 2024
right you dont have robust vrm for rams
disable XMP..see what that does
i think it’s set on auto 2400mhz, when i use an xmp profile and it bumps the voltage to 1.35v, my pc doesn’t even get to the windows screen before it shuts off (the adata stick is rated for 1.2)

Jun 14, 2024
Why not try single stick from each of what you have and see what happens.
i think i mentioned it in the post but i already did, memory tests actually run with a single stick, doesn’t matter which one it is, and it causes no crashes (at the expense of performance ofc)

Jun 14, 2024
Two rams aren't liking each other then. Domestic dispute. Sort that out with a kit of qvl ram and another power supply, it does need changing, maybe not right away but the to do list. You'll be good.
i’ll smack the 2 qvl supported kingston rams and f it, it’s the least costly expense for now, but if it happens to be the psu or mobo, it is what it is, i’ll do it all in due time anyways

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

TRENDING THREADS