Question PC shuts down randomly, No video, No power to peripherals but fans and RGB lights stay on ?

Jan 9, 2023
Hi im new here and my English its not very good, sorry if i make some mistakes!!

my pc has been shutting down randomly, or under heavy load or stress test with OCCT. No warning, instant loss of video output, no peripheral power, cpu fan stays on, case fans are connected to a fan hub but also stay on. and all the rgb lights also stay on.

problem started while runing nox emulator or trying to play some games like Destiny 2 etc... recently problem has been happening while just watching Youtube or browsing, no heavy load.
I use my pc for work mostly and Visual Studio doesnt seem to trigger the problem either, i play on my ps5.
PC stays on pretty much all day.

Built it myself like a year ago.

I've tried:

• XMP disable
  • Changed the power plan with reduced maximum processor performance
  • Reset defaults in bios
  • Bios Flash
  • Complete disassembly and reassembly
  • Stress test on OCCT but couldnt identify anyting specific
Specs:
  • Ryzen 7 5700G
  • Aourus A520m Elite (latest bios F15d)
  • 16gb (x2 8gb) Ram XPG spectrix D50 ddr4
  • NVMe XPG spectrix S40G 512Gb
  • WD blue 500Gb
  • Corsair CX450M (main suspect after a lot forum reading, got it because i had a tight budget back then...)
Other points:
  • No dedicated gpu
  • No overclock
  • Temps sits arround 45-48 on idle
  • Arround 65 -70 on heavy load
  • Stock cooler

after this happening 3 times within a couple of hours I've been running HWiNFO to try to record a registry of the pc sensors, and its been running for almost 2 hours with no issues, so I have no idea what its causing the problem

I'm contemplating buying a new PSU but i would like some opinion from the great internet mind-hive . . . .

Reactions: li1qiye

Ralston18

Titan
Your English is fine.

After the next successful boot look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the time of the shutdowns.

Increasing numbers of errors and varying errors also make the PSU suspect.

Especially if the PSU has a history of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or bit-mining.

Reliability History is much more end user friendly and the timeline format can be very revealing. Event Viewer is more cumbersome to navigate and understand.

FYI:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Take your time. No need to rush, keep notes, check the technical details. The details may or may not be helpful but could be a clue.