Lu_4__

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
pc: i3 6100
gtx 950 (power through pci express)
evga 430w
1tb hdd
Msi h110m pro-vh

i believe it has to do with a power issue, does the card running trough the pci express slot matters? i mean the 430w power supply should be enough right?

Solution
The EVGA PSU basically has enough power (up to 430W) if working properly, as mentioned before. But because it may be faulty, it may not be able to deliver required power to the system/motherboard (system might take up to ~ 250W). It may be possible that the motherboard is faulty (as well), but the prime suspect is the PSU.

Another remote possibility is the video card may be faulty (as well).

It is not really possible to test the motherboard for faults (not without using test equipment). So the other components are tested and eliminated.

As mentioned earlier, try the PSU in another computer, and/or try another known working PSU.

Could also try the video card in another computer, and/or try another known working video card.

If the...

Lu_4__

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016

this model of gtx 950 doesn´t require an auxiliary pin, it´s powered trough pci express only

Lu_4__

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016

this model of gtx 950 doesn´t require an auxiliary pin, it´s powered trough pci express only

OK. Make sure the video card is seated properly.

If still having problems, then the PSU is possibly faulty. In this case the best procedure to test the PSU is to try it in another computer, and/or try another known working PSU. Borrow computer and/or PSU from friend, neighbor etc if necessary.

Lu_4__

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016

could be that the evga 430w isn´t powerful enough?

Lu_4__

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016

so it doesn´t matter if the card runs trough the motherboard, it must be that the psu evga 430w isn´t powerful enough?

The EVGA PSU basically has enough power (up to 430W) if working properly, as mentioned before. But because it may be faulty, it may not be able to deliver required power to the system/motherboard (system might take up to ~ 250W). It may be possible that the motherboard is faulty (as well), but the prime suspect is the PSU.

Another remote possibility is the video card may be faulty (as well).

It is not really possible to test the motherboard for faults (not without using test equipment). So the other components are tested and eliminated.

As mentioned earlier, try the PSU in another computer, and/or try another known working PSU.

Could also try the video card in another computer, and/or try another known working video card.

If the EVGA PSU and the video card seem to work OK in another computer, and/or if the test PSU and/or the test video card still doesn't fix the issue of shutting down while gaming, then the motherboard appears to be faulty.

Solution