• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question PC shuts down while I am gaming

Jul 4, 2020
GPU : gtx 1080
CPU: i7 7700k
PSU: cx500
Ram: 8g
When I check the event, it says Kernel-Power 41

How do I fix this? Thank you in advance.

Tioym

Proper
Apr 5, 2020
Seems like a PSU issue to me. I'm guessing when you game, you're under load. I'm guessing you're playing at 1080p so you can Try Capping the FPS at 60(in games that crash AND you're getting ~100fps or so) and see if it still crashes. If it doesn't crash then that means then under heavy load, your power draw is more than what your PSU can provide so the PC just shuts down when it doesn't get the power it wants.

Jul 4, 2020
Seems like a PSU issue to me. I'm guessing when you game, you're under load. I'm guessing you're playing at 1080p so you can Try Capping the FPS at 60(in games that crash AND you're getting ~100fps or so) and see if it still crashes. If it doesn't crash then that means then under heavy load, your power draw is more than what your PSU can provide so the PC just shuts down when it doesn't get the power it wants.
Would you say I need a new PSU?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS