Question PC shuts off randomly but fans/lights stay on

Jul 16, 2024
Hello friends. Ive been having this issue for the past few months where where everything connected to my PC would “disconnect” including monitors, speakers, etc. but my fans and LEDs inside the PC would stay on. Unfortunately, this also causes the power button on my PC to not work so the only way to restart is by turning off the PSU, which hurts everytime lol.

Specs:
Ryzen 7900x
Radeon 6800xt
Corsair 32 GB DDR5
Corsair B650M
Corsair RM 850W PSU Gold

Things Ive tried:
Reset windows
Underclock RAM
Take Pc out of case

Things im going to try:
Better PSU

The issue is annoying because its not a overheating issue as the PC would shut off at random times even when theres not a single application open. I have double checked temps and its never gone above normal range. Under clocking the ram seemed to help a little bit but the issue still happens almost once a day. Let me know if theres any other ideas of what it could be.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Things im going to try:
Better PSU

Borrow, not buy, a reliably built higher wattage PSU and see if that resolves the issue.

How are you cooling the processor in your build?

Corsair B650M
Corsair don't make motherboards. Can you clarify the make and model of the B650 chipset motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Corsair 32 GB DDR5
Got a link to the ram kit you're using?

Jul 16, 2024
Hey sorry, my mother board is a Gigabyte sorry just mistyped it. Its a Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX. Its bios is on F24a, which I just realize that theres F30 now.

Cooling is a EK 240mm AIO.

As for the ram kit its a Corsair Vengeance DDR5 CL30 6000Mhz 32GB.

Thanks for the reply, let me know if you need anything else. At work so wont be able to do anything with the computer atm.