Question PC Shutting down with no errors.

Feb 7, 2021
So for a few months, my PC has shut down unexpectedly with no errors with complete shut downs and immediate reboots after the crash.
I’ve checked crash logs and it only shows that it has crashed unexpectedly and shows nothing else. My Windows is fully up to date, along with my drivers including resetting my PC about 2 weeks ago.

I’m not sure what could be causing it other than a bad power supply. Could that be the issue?
I’ve ran tests on my GPU, CPU, Hard Drive and putting max loads on them doesn’t crash the PC but randomly throughout the day it will crash doing almost anything even if it isn’t under so much power.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We will need a little more information. Can you please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

I would look towards a faulty or failing PSU as the first culprit if the system is not suffering from thermal issues i.e, thermal protection.

Feb 7, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We will need a little more information. Can you please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

I would look towards a faulty or failing PSU as the first culprit if the system is not suffering from thermal issues i.e, thermal protection.

CPU: i7-8700
Motherboard: Prime B360-M
Ram: 16gb DDR4
SSD/HDD: 1TB
GPU: GTX 1070ti
PSU: Corsair 600W
Chassis: Unsure
Age of Hardware: ~2 years.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
From the given program I see that my CPU Max is 60°C and my GPU Max is 45°C (The average for both are about 45°C each)
Try breadboarding your system and see if you crash still. (run the pc outside the case with bare minimum requirements for it to run). We can potentially eliminate perhaps a chassis short? do you notice your pc do anything before shut off? Is your PSU unhealthy? Perhaps your PSU is dying and failing to deliver required wattage. Is there any program running in the background on your pc before crashes? anything particularly intensive?

Feb 7, 2021
Try breadboarding your system and see if you crash still. (run the pc outside the case with bare minimum requirements for it to run). We can potentially eliminate perhaps a chassis short? do you notice your pc do anything before shut off? Is your PSU unhealthy? Perhaps your PSU is dying and failing to deliver required wattage. Is there any program running in the background on your pc before crashes? anything particularly intensive?
I just installed a new PSU and if it goes without crashing for a few days then I know its the fix, other than that I will do exactly what you mentioned and run it with bare minimum requirements. I believe heavily that the PSU was failing and wasn't giving the PC the required wattage for my system. The PC crashes randomly and does nothing before the crash. It can crash on almost anything, with minimum power. I also reset the PC so I believe it wouldn't be any kind of program.

I will update you in a few days if the PC does not crash with the new PSU installed.