pc shutting off while playing games details below

Oct 23, 2018
Hey I'm having an issue with my PC well for starters my power supply blew up literally started smoking. So I got a new one and I installed it and it kept cutting off. I thought it was the power supply so I went and got another one an evga 600w white. I have a Rx 580 4gb
Ryzen 5 1400
16gb ddr4 corsair vengeance
B350 motherboard and that's it.
Before my last power supply blew it worked fine. Now I can do everything accept play games or my PC will just shut off completely like I never pressed the power button. I also ran benchmarks from different sites to test my PC all the parts are running amazing. CPU GPU and ram and all fans are spinning.
With light loads like watching movies etc everything is perfect

Meadowlion

Reputable
Feb 27, 2017
Id check the physical connections on your motherboard for damage especially the ATX 24 pin connector. Id also check the CPU and GPU connections to the PSU and see if theres any sort of physical damage.

Twistfaria

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2016
What are the temps of the mobo, cpu and gpu when you try and play games and during your benchmark? Also are you plugged directly into the wall or into a surge protector? If it's a surge protector I would replace it if it was being used when your old PSU blew. You could also try a different wall plug, perhaps in a different room.

Rexer

Distinguished

Yeah, I know this bad ending really well. I had a PSU slowly die and take out or made weak some of the components of my computer. It was a nightmare trying to find out what's good and what's not. Because of the weak power it was 'browning out' (burning across connections in the components themselves). This made the components randomly fail. A test would be to try your components in another computer or a hardware stress test is advised.