Question PC sometimes hangs up on BIOS screen

Kwisatz-X

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
Hello, my PC is fairly old (parts bought around 2012, I think), with GPU being the only relatively recent purchase:

PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 2 600W
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
CPU: Intel i5-3350P
GPU: GTX 1660 Super
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2x4GB

It first started several months ago, where once in a while after waking the PC up from sleep, the mobo would emit a continuous series of short beeps for like half a minute (found no error code for that), then reboot, get into BIOS screen, beep once and keep looping the boot (beep once every ~15 sec but never loading). Usually I had to power it off then on and it would work, and since it happened once per maybe 1~2 weeks I just ignored it.

About a month ago it started getting more frequent, happening in about 1/3rd of times when I wake up my PC. In addition to the series of beeps it would also do 3 long beeps at the end. I always had to shut the power off completely (PSU switch) to fix it.
I figured it was caused by sleep mode so I stopped using it, and that solved it for about 2~3 weeks, always booted up without problems from being shut down.

Until today when for the first time the PC got stuck boot looping: there were no beeps like before, just a single beep as if everything is alright, then it loaded into the BIOS screen, but it remained there, and every 10~15 sec would beep once again. I pressed the power button, it restarted and booted up normally, but I'm afraid it's going to get worse and I still don't know the cause, any idea?

Kwisatz-X

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
OCZ StealthXStream 2 600W
Might want to swap the unit out for one that's reliably built and one that's concurrent. For it's time, the PZ was, ok, now, it's an expensive paperweight.
For a future upgrade, sure, but so far I didn't have any signs of my PSU failing. Doesn't this seem like a motherboard problem?