PC sometimes not powering up, but when starts works fine...

Sameer Kashyap

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
My Built is,
i3-3220 3.3 ghz 3rd gen
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Mobo LGA 1155
Corsair Vengeance-8GB
MSI Twin frozr iii - Radeon 7950 880MHZ
500GB 2.5" sata
iball Marathon 500W SMPS

The issue is, whenever I try to start my PC, it powers on, PC fan Runs, SMPS Fan Runs, Cabinet Fan Runs, HDD light turns on and LAN light blinks too but there is no light in USB Mouse and Keyboard and Screen remains blank. Then after 2-3 attempts it starts and works fine. I play Dota 2 with max settings continuously for 6-8 hours and it works fine. But, but when i leave it idle and it sleeps or display goes blank (Like display blank in 10 mins and sleep in 20 mins), it never wakes up. I have to restart it.. I also enabled USB wake up from Bios, but no use. Even then, starting problem is still there..
I've read similar posts about this issue but nowhere the problem is solved.
Please help.
Thanks in advance
Sameer

Sameer Kashyap

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Thanks all for the replies and solutions. @Helpstar, The PSU is still under warranty, I'll see if they replace it with new one. But the issue is it actually working and as far I know, those service center guys will plug it and if it powers on, will return to me and say its working. Plus the PSU's youve suggested in the link are not available in India. But if needed, i'll get either coolermaster or corsair. And.. What this means " Flash in BIOS, never in Windows"? @Toxxyc, my CPU doesn't have a speaker, I'll get one and update the results.

Flash the BIOS in BIOS itself, never in Windows:
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-b75m-d3h_f15.exe
double cklick on it, the files will be extracted, you just need the file "B75MD3H.F15". Copy it to a usb thumb drive and restart your PC.

after powering on, a splash screen appears, showing Gigabyte
now press the key "end" to access q-flash
choose your thumb drive and then the F15 file

Solution

Sameer Kashyap

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
So, Ive updated the BIOS. But same thing continued and I then bought PC speaker and tried last night. There was no sound when POST failed. But again after 2-3 tries, it started normally with single beep. I've ordered 1150 MOBO and G3220 as I'm building a PC for my dad for casual work. Will check my SMPS on that and if same thing happens then my SMPS is gone. Will post after that.

Sameer Kashyap

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Hey, None of the above solutions worked for me. Reason was the issue with my Graphics Card. Slowly and Slowly it started to take more time for booting and finally i sent it to MSI. My warranty was till 28th Dec and i sent it on 20th :D. I've received the replacement product and its working fine. Booting perfectly and wakes up after sleep. Thanks for all the suggestions though.