[SOLVED] PC started shutting down randomly

Shalou

Prominent
Sep 17, 2021
Hello, everyone. I bought my current pc 2 weeks ago and it ran perfectly fine till today. It started doing weird shut downs and I don't understand it.

My specs:
Motherboard: Intel H81 (Non-branded)
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1245 V3
CPU fan: Random Chinese cooler (No PWM)
GPU: Galaxy GT 620 2GB
RAM: 1x 8GB, 1x 2GB 1333 MHz
PSU: Leigo G550 500W (Bought for about 30 dollars)

The only problem I could troubleshoot was the power input of my PSU is loosy. Though, I've stabilized it and it was loosy since bought. I don't really get what is causing this problem. My PSU's inside is clean too.

Shalou

Prominent
Sep 17, 2021
In event viewer under summary of administrative events do you have any critical errors reported? And what do you mean by " loosy", you mean it is bad or loose?
I have 3 reported in last hour, 11 in 24 hours and 22 in 7 days. All of them are ID 41, Kernel-Power.
The power input is not bad, it's just loose. I've stabilized it with using an electrical tape and some paper. Though the problem seems to be fixed after I've changed my power cable..? This problem could be because of the power outlet convertor I was using couldn't deliver enough power. Or maybe it was just faulty power cable. It would usually go off in like 5-10 minutes but it's been over 20 minutes and it is still on with no problems. The solutions I've taken was;
1: Turning off iGPU (Didn't really work so I don't assume it was the problem.)
2: Changing the power cable.
If these critical errors mean something, I'd appreciate a help. I'll update the post tomorrow or some day later to see if the problem was actually the power cable.

Edit: The amount of random shut downs in the event log could be because of overclocking. I've been testing somethings since I bought the computer and it had shut down multiple times because of going over the limit. Though, the problem was obviously not the overclocking, because I've underclocked everything to defaults and it still did not fix the problem.

Edit 2: Well... the problem doesn't seem to be fixed with another power cable. Dammit. I'll try plugging off the GT 620 and run the computer on iGPU to see if that fixes the problem.

Last edited: