Question PC starting to fall apart ?

This screenshot is utterly useless.

You can start by listing the make/model of every single component in the computer - motherboard, RAM, CPU, etc.

Second, you need to describe in detail what problems you're having. This screenshot tells us absolutely nothing useful other than you have some errors.

Aug 10, 2023
This screenshot is utterly useless.

You can start by listing the make/model of every single component in the computer - motherboard, RAM, CPU, etc.

Second, you need to describe in detail what problems you're having. This screenshot tells us absolutely nothing useful other than you have some errors.
That reliability window contains every error and issue im having with the pc. I need to know what areas of the tab i need to expand so i can show the details of the errors, ive never used the reliability app before. Random crashing and unable to update windows are the issues. As for hardware im not longer home so heres what i got in my head “asus z370a, 2x16 3200mhz corsair platinum ram, rtx 2070 super, i7-9700k, 2TB HHD, and 1TB SSHD, large noctua heatsync on the cpu.”

That reliability window contains every error and issue im having with the pc. I need to know what areas of the tab i need to expand so i can show the details of the errors, ive never used the reliability app before. Random crashing and unable to update windows are the issues. As for hardware im not longer home so heres what i got in my head “asus z370a, 2x16 3200mhz corsair platinum ram, rtx 2070 super, i7-9700k, 2TB HHD, and 1TB SSHD, large noctua heatsync on the cpu.”
You need to look at every critical event but by looking what I can see i would suspect hard disk(s) which need to be checked.

That reliability window contains every error and issue im having with the pc
no it doesn't.
this Reliability Monitor gives no real information as to what in particular may be causing any possible issue.
just that an issue is occurring.

one suspect would be a malware infection on the system.
causing random software to crash and/or system slow down.

need to know what areas of the tab i need to expand so i can show the details of the errors
there are no "tabs" that need to be expanded because even knowing what errors are reported we still have zero idea what types of issues these may have caused while the system was in use.

we need you to describe in detail what exact issues you are facing while using the system over this time that you claim, "reliability went down the toilet".

asus z370a, 2x16 3200mhz corsair platinum ram, rtx 2070 super, i7-9700k, 2TB HHD, and 1TB SSHD, large noctua heatsync on the cpu
we definitely need the FULL specs of this system including all installed component's actual make & model, including the power supply, and their time in use.
the sooner you can supply this the better.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023
Well while playing ark survival evolved i get a fatal error crash once a day. In the past month i got one blue screen that said “we need to restart your computer to fix an issue” booted fine after. Thats the only game i had issues with but its also by far the least optimized and buggiest game i own. However windows not being able to update for the past month is causing issues too i keep getting error 0x800736b3, win10. The power supply is a EVGA SuperNova 650W G3 80+ gold, ram is Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x16GB DDR4-3200MHz. As for time in use only the cpu says 17hrs. Im attaching photos for everything else

View: https://imgur.com/a/Ak0j6zj

Aug 10, 2023
First time ive ever seen this pc asked to restart to fix a driver. I restarted and it repaired my c drive whith a black screen and the message “Fixing (C.) Stage 1: 91% (1130422 of 1237760); Total: 32%; ETA: 0:00:15 ....” it only took a few seconds and it seemed to have worked. Thats my ssd and i think what windows is on. I might want to do a fresh reinstall

As for time in use only the cpu says 17hrs. Im attaching photos for everything else
this would be more in regard to how long ago since these devices were purchased new.
and how long they have been a part of a working system.
not the logged hours by Windows.
I restarted and it repaired my c drive whith a black screen and the message “Fixing (C.) Stage 1: 91% (1130422 of 1237760); Total: 32%; ETA: 0:00:15 ....” it only took a few seconds and it seemed to have worked. Thats my ssd and i think what windows is on. I might want to do a fresh reinstall
when you state, "it seemed to have worked", do you mean all of your previous issues are gone for now?

if so, i would definitely still do a couple scans of this SSD and any other connected storage devices to ensure data and the physical disks themselves are still in good shape.

Aug 10, 2023
this would be more in regard to how long ago since these devices were purchased new.
and how long they have been a part of a working system.
not the logged hours by Windows.

when you state, "it seemed to have worked", do you mean all of your previous issues are gone for now?

if so, i would definitely still do a couple scans of this SSD and any other connected storage devices to ensure data and the physical disks themselves are still in good shape.
No just the repair ran successfully all the other issues are still happening every so often. I will do more scans in the ssd. Also the whole system is 5 years old except the gpu is 3 years old.

Aug 10, 2023
with this and the few other issues you have described it would first lead to me towards an issue within the OS itself, or possibly failing\corrupt drives.

i would first try a fresh OS install:
Clean Install.
haven't noticed a mention of what iteration of Windows so just included link for 10.
Yes i mentioned once early it was windows 10. I agree a fresh install is needed. Will this remove any malware or infections my pc could have? I regularly update my gpu drivers and all my other drivers stay updated automatically im not sure if theres anyway to scan the health of them all.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yes i mentioned once early it was windows 10. I agree a fresh install is needed. Will this remove any malware or infections my pc could have? I regularly update my gpu drivers and all my other drivers stay updated automatically im not sure if theres anyway to scan the health of them all.

Yes, but make sure that you're fulling wiping the drive before a fresh install.

And how are you updating other drivers automatically? Hopefully you're not using things like Driver Booster, which tend to create a lot of problems, and are never recommended around here. If you've been counting on drivers being updated by software for a significant period of time, that could absolutely explain the behavior you're seeing.

Aug 10, 2023
Yes, but make sure that you're fulling wiping the drive before a fresh install.

And how are you updating other drivers automatically? Hopefully you're not using things like Driver Booster, which tend to create a lot of problems, and are never recommended around here. If you've been counting on drivers being updated by software for a significant period of time, that could absolutely explain the behavior you're seeing.
I dont use any updater software. I manually check all my drivers for updates every couple months and they always come back “up to date” also windows updates keeps drivers updated excluding manually installed ones so my gpu for example i always update those drivers. One other question how do i fully wipe my ssd and hdd before reinstalling and that wouldnt affect my current windows installation would it?

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
One other question how do i fully wipe my ssd and hdd before reinstalling and that wouldnt affect my current windows installation would it?
A new OS install, done properly, wipes out the existing install and everything else on that drive.

how do i fully wipe my ssd and hdd before reinstalling and that wouldnt affect my current windows installation would it?
the OS installation process will ask if you want to wipe the drive being installed to.

and the whole point of this is to "affect" your current installation by completely erasing all content on that drive and providing a new Windows installation.

Aug 10, 2023
the OS installation process will ask if you want to wipe the drive being installed to.

and the whole point of this is to "affect" your current installation by completely erasing all content on that drive and providing a new Windows installation.
Yea but i have to unplug the hdd and i want everything wiped. How do i wipe the hdd