PC steering wheel cable broken

Temon

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Hello everybody!

I'm looking for someone who can help me to repair my Logitech Formula Feedback steering wheel. Its link from the pedals to the wheel got broken right in its plug and I couldn't see the proper connection. So when I opened the unit I found four wires from the pedal side and five from the wheel base, as I's showed here.
What should I do with this extra yellow wire?

Thank you very much!

Sergio.

I am not sure I understand the question; are you replacing the connector, or are you going to bypass it and connect the cable directly?

If you are going to replace the plug then connect all the wires to the exact same pins.

If you are going to connect the cable directly, then I would guess the yellow wire is connected the the foil shield in the cable. I would not skip connecting the foil shield because it reduces radio interference to the signals on the other four wires.

Temon

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Thank you PhilFisbie!

I spliced the black (0-Volt, I guess) and the yellow wires together and the rest of them, colour by colour. I couldn't use the original plug because all the wires were protected into a bulk piece of hard wax or something. There is no foil shield from my pedals cable.
Now it works! and I haven't noticed interferences so far.

I'm glad not having thrown away a good steering wheel... Your and others' help has been determinant.

Temon

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012

Oh, okay, I see. That section of the picture is out of focus and that glow seems to be metallic, but it's not. Sorry.

Thank you, again!