[SOLVED] PC still fully connected to Ethernet but loses network access every minute or so?

cjhodrod

Prominent
Aug 20, 2020
Hi I’m having an issue with my PC that I’ve tried to fix for almost 3-4 weeks now. I tried everything except get it checked and still haven’t been able to fix it.

The problem starts when I log onto my PC, at first everything is fine it’s a little slow on boot but works fine then a minute after I start up Microsoft Edge or when my PC starts scanning for outdated drivers it disconnects from network. but when I go to network settings it says it’s still connected even my network adapter still says it’s connected successfully.

I did a few things that could be messing with it such as energy efficient mode or turn off network adapter to save power and it still messes up. I switched Ethernet cords and reset my router even called my ISP and they said it sounds like a device issue.

As of writing this only way to fix it temporarily is to disable my Network Adapter and Re-Enabling it through my network connections but only helps for like a minute or so before disconnecting again. If anyone knows how to fix this please help as this is driving me insane. Definitely haven’t came across an issue this frustrating and persistent before and about to call it quits any savior out there is appreciated.

Solution
Hi I’m having an issue with my PC that I’ve tried to fix for almost 3-4 weeks now. I tried everything except get it checked and still haven’t been able to fix it.

The problem starts when I log onto my PC, at first everything is fine it’s a little slow on boot but works fine then a minute after I start up Microsoft Edge or when my PC starts scanning for outdated drivers it disconnects from network. but when I go to network settings it says it’s still connected even my network adapter still says it’s connected successfully.

I did a few things that could be messing with it such as energy efficient mode or turn off network adapter to save power and it still messes up. I switched Ethernet cords and reset my router even called my ISP...

I did a few things that could be messing with it such as energy efficient mode or turn off network adapter to save power and it still messes up. I switched Ethernet cords and reset my router even called my ISP and they said it sounds like a device issue.

As of writing this only way to fix it temporarily is to disable my Network Adapter and Re-Enabling it through my network connections but only helps for like a minute or so before disconnecting again. If anyone knows how to fix this please help as this is driving me insane. Definitely haven’t came across an issue this frustrating and persistent before and about to call it quits any savior out there is appreciated.
You may need a new adapter, that or driver update i would uninstall the adapter fully and reinstall it to start.

Solution