[SOLVED] Pc struggling to boot after cleaning

Mar 26, 2023
I took the front panel of my case off in order to clean the fans in my computer (i unplugged it and made sure my power supply was off when i plugged it back in) and it won't post or when it does it takes ages. I didn't mess with any internals when i was cleaning it. Anyone got any ideas?

Solution
Full hardware specifications and approximate age of power supply? Please include exact models if at all possible.

Also please include currently installed motherboard BIOS version. First step should probably be to go into the BIOS and confirm any settings that you may have previously configured are still the same and that the time and date are shown correctly.
Full hardware specifications and approximate age of power supply? Please include exact models if at all possible.

Also please include currently installed motherboard BIOS version. First step should probably be to go into the BIOS and confirm any settings that you may have previously configured are still the same and that the time and date are shown correctly.

Solution
Mar 26, 2023

Pc specs are:
Motherboard - asus b450 prime
Cpu - 3700x
Gpu - rx 570
Ram - corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3000mhz
Psu - corsair vs 450

Not sure what bios I have installed and i have reset my bios settings to default.
It does eventually boot but it takes way too long and have figured that if i put the pc to sleep instead of power off it works fine

You need to figure out what BIOS version is installed. Not being able to shut down or restart as needed is not acceptable and the problem will likely only get worse, not better, as time goes on.

You can find the BIOS version is the system information applet which you can access by typing msinfo32.exe into the search or run box on your start menu and hitting enter. On the right hand side of the window that pops up about halfway down it should list the current BIOS version.

Mar 26, 2023
You need to figure out what BIOS version is installed. Not being able to shut down or restart as needed is not acceptable and the problem will likely only get worse, not better, as time goes on.

You can find the BIOS version is the system information applet which you can access by typing msinfo32.exe into the search or run box on your start menu and hitting enter. On the right hand side of the window that pops up about halfway down it should list the current BIOS version.
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2202, 14/07/2020
And I believe that the psu is around 5 years old

Nathkrul

Notable
Sep 22, 2022
So were you prompted to press F1 as the computer started up is what I'm asking, or did it start up without any prompts?

And did you remove any components to clean?

Nathkrul

Notable
Sep 22, 2022
Excellent, it's not by any chance checking the memory, is it? You'd see it doing it if it was. Just try and give us as much information as possible please, especially as it boots up to help us help you fix it, and thanks for the reply.
Any chance you could upload any screenshots as it starts to imgur https://imgur.com and paste link here.

Mar 26, 2023
Excellent, it's not by any chance checking the memory, is it? You'd see it doing it if it was. Just try and give us as much information as possible please, especially as it boots up to help us help you fix it, and thanks for the reply.
Any chance you could upload any screenshots as it starts to imgur https://imgur.com and paste link here.
I think it's solved i had to change bios settings in order to make my setting complaint with riot anti cheat and it restarded fine multiple times im just struggling to enable secure boot now lol

Mar 26, 2023