[SOLVED] PC stuck in a boot loop with the message "BIOS is updating LED firmware"

Jul 19, 2021
I was trying to update my bios to the latest version it has (the latest is 0802 while mine was 04-something). It went pretty normal, took a few minutes like any updates, and then the text saying "BIOS is updating LED firmware" showed up. it lasts for about 10 sec before it reboots and does it again. I've looked up online about this update and most people took 30-45 mins for theirs. Although mine persists for a whole night. I'm not sure if i should shut it down since there's a big text saying "Do not shut down or reset the system to prevent system bootup failure". Pc was working just fine and it was relatively new (a little over a month old). I sense a simple solution to this, but I only slept roughly 5 hours last night from the thought of this problem.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7-10700f
Asus Tuf Gaming Z590-Plus Wifi
Thermaltake Smart RGB 600W
HyperX Fury DDR4 2x8Gb
Kingston M.2 NVME 500Gb
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti

Solution
I was trying to update my bios to the latest version it has (the latest is 0802 while mine was 04-something). It went pretty normal, took a few minutes like any updates, and then the text saying "BIOS is updating LED firmware" showed up. it lasts for about 10 sec before it reboots and does it again. I've looked up online about this update and most people took 30-45 mins for theirs. Although mine persists for a whole night. I'm not sure if i should shut it down since there's a big text saying "Do not shut down or reset the system to prevent system bootup failure". Pc was working just fine and it was relatively new (a little over a month old). I sense a simple solution to this, but I only slept roughly 5 hours last night from the...
Jul 19, 2021
hi, turn of pc, power off psu aswell and short clear cmos jumpers, once done power up your pc
hi, yea...I've tried this already several times. I even let the pc unplugged completely for a few hours to let everything flush out. Short the cmos jumper, took out the battery, and it's still there. I can't even enter BIOS.

I was trying to update my bios to the latest version it has (the latest is 0802 while mine was 04-something). It went pretty normal, took a few minutes like any updates, and then the text saying "BIOS is updating LED firmware" showed up. it lasts for about 10 sec before it reboots and does it again. I've looked up online about this update and most people took 30-45 mins for theirs. Although mine persists for a whole night. I'm not sure if i should shut it down since there's a big text saying "Do not shut down or reset the system to prevent system bootup failure". Pc was working just fine and it was relatively new (a little over a month old). I sense a simple solution to this, but I only slept roughly 5 hours last night from the thought of this problem.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7-10700f
Asus Tuf Gaming Z590-Plus Wifi
Thermaltake Smart RGB 600W
HyperX Fury DDR4 2x8Gb
Kingston M.2 NVME 500Gb
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti

Just incase your Bios has been corrupted and clearing CMOS does not work, you have a CrashFree Bios 3 utility to recover your Bios. The method is shown on page 3-4 of your Motherboard Manual.
The latest Bios is 0820 (slight typo error as you mentioned 0802)

Don't forget to format the USB to fat32 and rename the bios file to TGZ590PW.CAP

Solution
Jul 19, 2021
Just incase your Bios has been corrupted and clearing CMOS does not work, you have a CrashFree Bios 3 utility to recover your Bios. The method is shown on page 3-4 of your Motherboard Manual.
The latest Bios is 0820 (slight typo error as you mentioned 0802)

Don't forget to format the USB to fat32 and rename the bios file to TGZ590PW.CAP
This also didn't do anything different, same thing as last time. unless I have to plug it in a certain usb port, although I doubt that's the case since this motherboard doesn't feature a bios flash button

This also didn't do anything different, same thing as last time. unless I have to plug it in a certain usb port, although I doubt that's the case since this motherboard doesn't feature a bios flash button
The USB containing your Bios file will automatically be detected during post and should not matter which port you use. Motherboards with flashback on the rear I/O panel have a specific port however your MB does not have Flashback.
If your sure you have followed carefully all Bios recovery instructions carefully and the USB is functional then your Bios is bricked. Take the MB or the whole PC to a computer store for a technician to replace your Bios chip.

Jul 19, 2021
Surely you do. It always is very specific USB port for this to work. Check your motherboard manual (or just try each port available). However, if your BIOS got totally corrupt then even CrashFree utility may fail to recover it.
No, it still doesn't work. If it helps in diagnosing, the yellow qled indicator for boot is the last to be on and the only one to be lit during that message. until the pc reboots...

TRENDING THREADS