[SOLVED] PC stuck in boot loop, UEFI won't recognise SSD after bios reset, replaced PSU but problem persists

Dec 16, 2019
Firstly specs are:

i7 4770
Asus GTX 1070 8GB
16GB Hyper X Genesis DDR3 Ram
Xigmatek Scorpio Case with additional RGB controller and fans
Arctic Alpine 11 Cooler
Asrock B85M Pro4 with additional 3D printed RGB covers
500GB EGDE Boost Pro Plus Enterprise Level SSD
FSP 750W 80+ Silver Rated

What happened:

Was just on my PC, using a relatively CPU intensive program, and it made some noise but seemed okay. Turned it off later that day and since then it hasn't turned back on.

What's happening:

PC's stuck in boot loop, will boot up, fans will go, GPU will light up, no POST (but don't think I have a speaker), and after two seconds it'll fail, this then repeats, and then on the third time if I'm lucky it'll stay on but nothing happens, no display. I can get into UEFI.

What I know:

As it stands UEFI doesn't recognise my SSD (but I reset to defaults after taking out the CMOS so it may be a change I've made (?) Even muddled with the settings and tried to change to SSD option, but no avail. After taking out the CMOS [battery] and putting back it in (didn't wait 5 mins) the PC booted first time instead of looping, but still no display. After turning it off and on again the boot loop repeated.
  • The GPU, I think is okay.
  • Tested with brand new PSU but still stuck in boot loop so think PSU isn't the issue.
  • 8GB Ram seems okay too.
  • I've reconnected all PSU cables multiple times and still no success, so cable connection should be okay.
  • Got rid of as much dust as I possibly could.
  • Boot loop isn't erratic, seems rhythmic
Few questions:
  • Could the problem still be the PSU if I try with a new one and it's still in a boot loop?
  • Worried I forced PSU connection to SSD too much, could this fault the SSD?
What I suspect:
  • Faulty SSD
  • Faulty Motherboard
Reality:

- I don't have a clue.

Last edited:
Solution
If your system has onboard graphics then try booting w/o the the GPU and only 1 stick of RAM - also before contacting components make sure you've grounded yourself by touching the bare metal chassis FIRST from time to time, many errors come from ESD damage while "fixing" other components.
If your system has onboard graphics then try booting w/o the the GPU and only 1 stick of RAM - also before contacting components make sure you've grounded yourself by touching the bare metal chassis FIRST from time to time, many errors come from ESD damage while "fixing" other components.

Solution