[SOLVED] PC Stuck on Motherboard Screen, help

Apr 20, 2021
Help!
A couple hours ago I was playing Valorant when all of a sudden my computer froze, naturally I thought it just crashed so I forced shut it down. Although, when I tried to turn it back on it booted up pass the motherboard screen and into the window where I enter my pin to access my computer, it suddenly froze. So of course I rebooted but now, its stuck on the motherboard screen entirely.

I researched fixes and I've tried all but one. These didn't work
  1. I unplugged my computer and waited around 30 seconds and replugged
  2. I took out one ram stick and tried to reboot
  3. I switched the ram sticks from one dimm slot to another
  4. I reset the CMOS with a screwdriver
  5. I took out the motherboard battery with the pc unplugged waited 30 seconds, put everything back in

The only other solution I've found was to completely reinstall windows. Would this solve the issue or is this another issuley entirely that revolves around the hardware of the computer.

Thank you for reading and any help is appreciated!

PC Specs.
AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
ADATA SU635 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory

Solution
I have another hdd, should I just install windows on my usb flash drive and just proceed with that one hard drive.

As for the other ssd, which has the Windows installation, would it be best if I just copied the saved files I have on that one on my laptop and just format it completely?
i would test it with the HDD to see if that is the issue, if it is the issue, i would do a data backup from your ssd, if it let's you
Help!
A couple hours ago I was playing Valorant when all of a sudden my computer froze, naturally I thought it just crashed so I forced shut it down. Although, when I tried to turn it back on it booted up pass the motherboard screen and into the window where I enter my pin to access my computer, it suddenly froze. So of course I rebooted but now, its stuck on the motherboard screen entirely.

I researched fixes and I've tried all but one. These didn't work
  1. I unplugged my computer and waited around 30 seconds and replugged
  2. I took out one ram stick and tried to reboot
  3. I switched the ram sticks from one dimm slot to another
  4. I reset the CMOS with a screwdriver
  5. I took out the motherboard battery with the pc unplugged waited 30 seconds, put everything back in
The only other solution I've found was to completely reinstall windows. Would this solve the issue or is this another issuley entirely that revolves around the hardware of the computer.

Thank you for reading and any help is appreciated!

PC Specs.
AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz Dual-Core Processor
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
ADATA SU635 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Usually whenever the pc doesn't go further then the bios splashscreen

it's the boot drive that has an issue, please try another hdd/ssd and it will probably work

as the first thing your pc does after the splash screen is use your hdd/ssd bootdrive to load the OS

Apr 20, 2021
You cant install windows if you can't get past the motherboard screen.
Can you enter the Bios without it freezing?
The only way I was able to enter the BIOS was by disconnecting the ssd. Although, when I tried rebooting and then reconnecting the ssd when the pc was off I was only able to go into the BIOS.

Another thing to note, in the boot sequence tab, the only available drive listed was "Windows Boot Manager."

Apr 20, 2021
I came across something like this before, and it was a problematic motherboard. Do you have debug LEDs and if so, is there anything wrong there?
I don't see any unusual LEDs that I haven't previously seen, just the normal red light that flashes and then remains on is the only light that I see on the motherboard.

Apr 20, 2021
Usually whenever the pc doesn't go further then the bios splashscreen

it's the boot drive that has an issue, please try another hdd/ssd and it will probably work

as the first thing your pc does after the splash screen is use your hdd/ssd bootdrive to load the OS
I have another hdd, should I just install windows on my usb flash drive and just proceed with that one hard drive.

As for the other ssd, which has the Windows installation, would it be best if I just copied the saved files I have on that one on my laptop and just format it completely?

i would test it with the HDD to see if that is the issue, if it is the issue, i would do a data backup from your ssd, if it let's you

Last edited:
Solution