Question PC suddenly shut down and won't turn back on ?

mtzymonster

Honorable
Jul 2, 2017
Hello guys, a friend has problems with his computer. It's a freshly build pc (few months old), was running perfectly until today, it suddenly shutdown and doesn't turn back on.
Looks like every cable is plugged in properly, he tried diffrent outlet and diffrent cable, the PC won't boot at all, black screen, fans aren't spinning, there is a small white led that's lit above the GPU pin connector and the led from PSU Is on as well, now when you try to turn it on (press ON button) the GPU's main RGB Led flashes for a split second and that's it.

Any idea what might be wrong? How to approach it to find a solution?

Thanks in advance

SPECS:
CPU: i7 12700k
CPU Cooling: Artic Liquid Freezer II 240 RGB
MOBO: Z690 AORUS ALITE AX
GPU: ASUS RTX 2060 Dual Series
PSU: EVGA 850 P5
Ram: DDR5 Hyperx Fury
Storage: AORUS Gen4 SSD

Last edited:

mtzymonster

Honorable
Jul 2, 2017
Any ideas? The main suspect is the motherboard in my opinion, could also be the psu. I’m thinking of hooking up his psu to my pc to sort out which part has failed. Could it be something different?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Well, what happens when you completely remove the GPU from the system and start it up? That would seem to be the first step of diagnosing the issue, but it's unclear what, if anything, has been tried, beyond switching a power outlet and some cable.

mtzymonster

Honorable
Jul 2, 2017
Hey mate, after further investigation the gpu was the problem. The pc works normally when it’s not connected. When it’s connected the system looks completely dead. I tried the gpu in a different pc and it acts the same, pc doesn’t boot at all.. what went wrong?

TRENDING THREADS