Question PC Suddenly shut off without bios

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
So i cleaned my pc, i didnt really disconnect anything, i just wiped every dust, aftet that everything was working fine until i went to youtube to play some music, and everything was fine for like 5 mins until the pc hanged and froze (display went off), mouse and keyboard lights still on, then i proceeded to do a hard restart, and then the pc wont bios no matter what i did, no keyboard and mouse lights either. idk what to do :(

ASUS H81MD
GTX 1063GB
I5 4570S
HYPERX FURY 1866MHZ 8X2 GB DDR3
ADATA SP550
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB
COOLERMASTER MVE 550W

Last edited:

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
Update:

Scenario 1
After waiting a few minutes, I decided to go to the bathroom to take a d*mp. After that I tried to power on my PC again, it finally displayed the BIOS "press f2 to etc etc" and then it proceeded to the OS. after a few seconds, the PC shut off again, pc stll turned on, fans running but display went off and it seems like the monitor stopped receiving any signal from the GPU.

Scenario 2
Then I restarted it again, this time it went to the OS again, did not crash but the input devices doesn't seem to be working (keyboard and mouse, and they have their lights on, keyboard can be toggled with caps on or off, since the light on the keyboard was responding but there are no inputs in the OS itself) (I also couldn't see my mouse cursor) but I was just stuck there on the desktop for a good 5-10 minutes until I decided to hard restart again.

This time, I disconnected my power cable to the plug, and decided to re-seat / swap it (idk if this even matters but i thought that my pc wasn't getting enough proper power) the pc plug was plugged properly the first time though, but I disconnected it and plugged it in again in a new position ( the socket prong I turned it 180 degrees and re-plugged)

Then I decided to power on my pc again. It finally worked with input and all but I have yet to test it in game and run benchmarks on it to see if it will be stable

I also checked the temps and all my temps are normal too.

All of these scenarios are recorded and I would be happy to show u guys what I was talking abt, only I don't know where to upload it.